STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 30 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    I agree that the internal and external being the same is weird. I dont know what do about that specifically. Currently Im uninstalling Kaspersky and seeing if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work I'll go back and uninstall FG and erase all those windows firewall rules.

Blog Entries
    Did you try PPTP protocol for the vpn?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Currently I have installed Kaspersky FG and purevpn. delete it all firewall exceptions and reinstalled both FG and purevpn. It's still showed both internal and external as the same IP.

I have also tried just connecting as pptp and still get a failure to connect.

I highly doubt that Malwarebytes would do anything to restrict either FG or purevpn.

And I thought this would be the easy route.

Have you disabled windows firewall? Worth a try

Blog Entries
    I have not heard of anyone having so many issues with this, and I have no idea why internal and external IP address is the same.

If you check internal and external IP address without the vpn on, they are different?

How are you connecting to the internet?
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; August 6th, 2017 at 22:33.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

so what I discovered by turning off windows firewall is that FG will work and connect. The sucky thing is that I haven't a clue what do change in the rules to be able to have it work. Any one else using windowns firewall and not 3rd party?

Blog Entries
    Doesn't your anti-virus program also have a firewall? You may have 2 firewalls competing with each other.

So I figured it was an issue with windows firewall on both FG and PureVPN after reinstalling turning the wall off and on it gave me the option to have more access on private and public networks.

HOLY CRAP THANK YOU GUYS! This is such a fantastic community!
    Last edited by seiya5; August 7th, 2017 at 02:26.

Blog Entries
    I am very glad this worked out. Sorry you had such a struggle with the firewall. I was an early believer in PureVPN and was worried that so,etching had changed with it. Glad you are connected and can host games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am very glad this worked out. Sorry you had such a struggle with the firewall. I was an early believer in PureVPN and was worried that so,etching had changed with it. Glad you are connected and can host games again.
    How did you know brother don't worry about it it's actually probably a problem on my end the service is great!

Thread Information