STAR TREK 2d20
Page 28 of 30 First ... 182627282930 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCauthon View Post
    Thank! I'll give that a shot. I'm currently using Private Internet Access for my VPN and they've been good, but it's not working with this. I hate to pay for another one when I have one, but if it works it works. It may be worth the switch eventually if so.

Unfortunately, it won't matter for now, however, since FG decided it wants to crash now every time I try to load a campaign and I can't figure out what's wrong.
    Not sure what would be causing a crash. I recommend that you start a new thread on that and ask for help.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I have been reading through this thread and seeing the recommendations for PureVPN. I see on their website, they are offering a 5 year plan with the private IP add on for $79. That sounds insanely awesome. With the amount of travel I do, it would be helpful for me to have the ability to setup a FG game from a hotel. Is everyone still pretty happy with your experiences with PureVPN? I am ready to pull the trigger on this, but taking a deep breath here for a few minutes.
    Ultimate License Holder

PFRPG and PFRPG 2

Blog Entries
    I have been using it in hotels for years (just used it this week in Vegas during CES), and it has always worked well. Allows you to use your cell phone as a hot spot as well.

That is why I have a link to it in my signature, it just works.

You will need to have the dedicated ip add-on, which is extra on top of the 5 year special, but if you are in hotels often, you really should be using a VPN anyways. It also works pretty well to allow Netflix and such even when I am not in the USA.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    I haven't used it in a few months. But like Myrdin I've used it in hotels and through my phone with no problems from many locations in the US.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's a great price for Pure..... hey are consistently rated as one of the top VPNs so you can't go wrong. Pretty much any VPN that have some form of port forwarding works for FG.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    That's a great price for Pure..... hey are consistently rated as one of the top VPNs so you can't go wrong. Pretty much any VPN that have some form of port forwarding works for FG.
    Very few VPN providers will work for FG. Even those that allow Port Forwarding often have restrictions on what ports you have access to. Please only post providers that have been tested as working.

Based in what I have seen here, I picked up the dedicated IP option with PureVPN. It was $138 USD for 5 years, which I thought was a good deal. I hope to try setting up a game in FG while I am away from home this week.
    Ultimate License Holder

PFRPG and PFRPG 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denj View Post
    I use NordVPN, everything works well
    hi denj can you post what steps you needed to do to get Nord running as a GM?

Hi everybody. I recently picked up FG and an ultimate license and have since been struggling with connecting. I worked my way through port forwarding only to realize that my ISP (Verizon because I live in the wilds of Indiana) makes Port forwarding impossible. so I backtracked and undid all the changes I made trying that. Then I hunted around for another solution and just bought a 3 year subscription to NordVPN. Player still cannot connect to me. I work on this until frustration overwhelms me and then cool down and try again. I've been wrestling with this since the 16th, I need help.

Blog Entries
    If you look at the various solutions in these forums, you will see that PureVPN with the private IP option has been tested and works. No one has managed to get NordVPN working to the best of my knowledge.

There are free options, like zerotier, in another thread in this forum.

I have a link to PureVPN in my signature.

Thread Information