DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 35 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet View Post
    Hi. This sounds amazing. I looked into a VTT a few years back, but because none of them had a Hero System ruleset I never got in to it. But now... I'd be willing to get Fantasy Grounds for this. Where would I be able to add/download this Hero System ruleset you've built, or is it still not readily available to the general public?
    I sent you an invite to the Champions/Hero group.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Still working on it... but keep an eye on this thread I will be posting updates here.
    Fantastic, I will indeed keep checking back.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayson View Post
    I sent you an invite to the Champions/Hero group.
    Thank You!

You are very welcome.

So, any updates on this ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    So, any updates on this ruleset?
    A lot of little things.. mostly dealing with the aftermath of the latest CoreRPG updates. We had a playtest tonight and came up with a lot of issues and ideas. There is more info and discussion being posted to the Champions/HERO Group.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    I ran into an interesting bug in our playtest the other night. One of the functions in the Combat Tracker is called as the rounds click by to give everyone a 'Recovery' at a certain point in the round.. basically a bit of healing. It works fine when I run it as the GM but when a player initiates the action all the players (except for the PC himself) are healed for 0 and the NPCs and the PC are healed properly. I am thinking this is likely because the PCs don't have rights to the other PCs so the tracker is somehow unable to gather the information it needs.
    Is there a simple work around for this that someone knows of?
    Last edited by Blackfoot; June 29th, 2014 at 19:26.

I ran into an interesting bug in our playtest the other night. One of the functions in the Combat Tracker is called as the rounds click by to give everyone a 'Recovery' at a certain point in the round.. basically a bit of healing. It works fine when I run it as the GM but when a player initiates the action all the players (except for the PC himself) are healed for 0 and the NPCs and the PC are healed properly. I am thinking this is likely because the PCs don't have rights to the other PCs so the tracker is somehow unable to gather the information it needs.
    Is there a simple work around for this that someone knows of?
    Use OOB Messaging so that anyone can initiate the function, but then use "if User.isHost()" to only run the resulting OOB function on the GM side - the GM has full access and so will be able to make the changes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    UPDATE July 2, 2014
    • ADD 'FAILURE by' or 'SUCCESS by' to rolls that Fail and Succeed - DONE
    • Another Pass on Combat mods (-X DCV, 1/2 DCV, 0 DCV, Etc.) - FIXED
    • ADD abort widget for player view in combat tracker.. this actually was working. ABORTED overlays INIT info. - FIXED
    • Rolling from combat value on Main tab (ECV) generates an error - FIXED

Working on issues from last week's playtest.

Not sure about Trenloe's suggestion on the one FIX.. I'm not using messaging, merely stepping forward the combat tracker... it's having issues looking up the player stats to calculate their stat values. The issue is occurring when a player advances the tracker instead of the GM.

Not sure about Trenloe's suggestion on the one FIX.. I'm not using messaging, merely stepping forward the combat tracker... it's having issues looking up the player stats to calculate their stat values. The issue is occurring when a player advances the tracker instead of the GM.
    I'm saying OOB messaging could be the solution - not the cause of the problem.

Only the GM can access certain information in the DB, especially if it requires updating of DB nodes that are not owned by the player. That is one of the reasons OOB messaging is there - so a player can trigger a process that runs on the GM side of FG allowing full access to the database. If the GM updates values in the DB that GUI controls are anchored on then all of the connected players will display the updated information in the relevant controls.

As your issue occurs when the player advances the combat tracker, but doesn't when the GM does the same (I'm guessing running the same code?), then my logical conclusion is that you should use OOB Messaging that triggers when the player advances the combat tracker to run the related code on the GM side.

EDIT: This is exactly what the base 3.5E (and CoreRPG) ruleset does when the player presses the "End Turn" button - CombatManager.notifyEndTurn is called, and the following is the code:
    Code:
    function notifyEndTurn()
    	local msgOOB = {};
    	msgOOB.type = OOB_MSGTYPE_ENDTURN;
    	msgOOB.user = User.getUsername();

Comm.deliverOOBMessage(msgOOB, "");
    end
    Which is OOB messaging. All of the processing for a player when they press the "end turn" button is handled by the GM via OOB Messaging in the 3.5e and CoreRPG ruleset (the above code is in CoreRPG).
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 2nd, 2014 at 19:20.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information