FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 30 of 35 First ... 202829303132 ... Last

Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Apparently not so many as you thought.
    Add me as well. Just found out about this and have been reading all the pages to get an idea where things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by notdonwood View Post
    Add me as well. Just found out about this and have been reading all the pages to get an idea where things stand.
    Likewise - I just started running a face to face Champions 6E game a few months ago, and as it was much effort to put a table together here in the Raleigh-Durham area, I'd like to expand my own play opportunities.

Also with FG Unity underway, the timing is good to get some attention to HERO.

The only thing I ever thought HERO lacked was an ecosystem on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc in terms of published adventures - even Traveller, another famous sandbox-style system, has as many or more adventures than Champions/HERO.

I want to believe that if FG gets a real (and easy to use) HERO implementation then individuals and Third Party Publishers would fill in the gaps with adventures - foes, NPCs, maps, locations, guidance on possible player actions, etc.

By way of comparison, I've briefly experienced a fairly decent fan-made HERO implementation over at FG's website-based competition, but the GM effort/knowledge required to get things going will be a barrier to some because only the most popular systems get staff-made implementations.

Whereas with FG, when a fan makes a ruleset, there's less technical knowledge required for the end user.

That competitor's implementation, btw, included clicking on a power on the character sheet to roll the correct amount of dice, etc. It didn't do the points math - you'd design a character elsewhere re: point costs, then just manually enter your powers etc in key areas.

Best of luck, and I'll be watching this thread!

Thanks for all your hard work this far!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibaran View Post
    Also with FG Unity underway, the timing is good to get some attention to HERO.
    This is actually one of the reasons that I am GLAD I never released the ruleset. If previous experience is any indication, Unity will likely break it in a big bad way that will take me months to recover from.

The only thing I ever thought HERO lacked was an ecosystem on par with D&D, Pathfinder, etc in terms of published adventures - even Traveller, another famous sandbox-style system, has as many or more adventures than Champions/HERO.
    I can't disagree with you there. The versatility of HERO makes it possible to adapt to any setting really.. but it takes a lot of work to set it up and convert existing material. The ruleset helps a fair bit with this, but when running in FG things need to be a lot more concrete than when running FtF.. Running HERO can be pretty daunting at times. Once you become an experienced GM this lessens a bit, you realize that there are only certain key values that are important for enemies and you are able to create them 'on the fly' to some extent.. less easy to do in FG but still possible. When I run HERO I generally build everything well in advance. Generic 'thugs' or 'agents' run quite easily.

Whereas with FG, when a fan makes a ruleset, there's less technical knowledge required for the end user.
    This is probably true.. although it is generally better to understand the rules, not everything can be implemented easily as part of a ruleset and it is important to know when the GM needs to make a call.. or where the ruleset's limitations are.

That competitor's implementation, btw, included clicking on a power on the character sheet to roll the correct amount of dice, etc. It didn't do the points math - you'd design a character elsewhere re: point costs, then just manually enter your powers etc in key areas.
    The ruleset not only rolls the right dice for each power, it applies effects based on die rolls when the power doesn't do 'damage' as 'damage'. It has a ton of features attached to it at this point.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; May 28th, 2019 at 14:31.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blackfoot,

Once FG Unity breaks things, and presuming you are motivated to fix them, do you plan to release it to the public?

Just curious - FG Unity is looking nice enough for me to take the plunge once it's out of beta, but HERO support would be icing on the cake!!!

Zanzibaran

I'm also keen to see this done for FG. Would be happy to support a Patreon for someone working hard on this...

I need to learn FG better, but I'm happy to help (or QA...).
    Trentin C Bergeron (trechriron)
    Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
    My Blog

Also, would you be willing to share what you have done thus far so we could use it on the current version? Unity is a ways off...
    Trentin C Bergeron (trechriron)
    Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
    My Blog

Blog Entries
    The most current information (and lots of screenshots) is/are available in the HERO/Champions Group.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum....php?groupid=3
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    The most current information (and lots of screenshots) is/are available in the HERO/Champions Group.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum....php?groupid=3
    Blackfoot - impressive, and thank you!

Question - do any of the threads have a link for downloading, or is it literally only being used by your circle of HERO gamers and no one else?

(I.e. I'd download it and try it out if I could)

Thanks,

Zanzibaran
    Last edited by GM_Champion; August 23rd, 2019 at 05:05. Reason: Typo

Blackfoot - impressive, and thank you!

Question - do any of the threads have a link for downloading, or is it literally only being used by your circle of HERO gamers and no one else?

(I.e. I'd download it and try it out if I could)

Thanks,

Zanzibaran
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by rnadams2 View Post
    I second this.
    Consider this thirded.

Thread Information