STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New ruleset Help

Greetings, Community!

I'm a newcomer here, diving into the depths of FGU and experimenting with Ruleset Wizard. My journey so far has been challenging; I've been trying to get a grip on creating and testing a new ruleset in FGU. My efforts to adjust the MoreCore ruleset haven't been successful, and I'm striving to achieve something straightforward for now, just to proceed with playtesting.

My main stumbling block is customizing the character sheet in Ruleset Wizard. After exploring all available support videos and materials, I find myself more confused than enlightened. My lack of programming knowledge is a significant barrier. I was hoping to simply import the character sheet and make some minor modifications.

Is there a comprehensive, step-by-step guide on utilizing the MoreCore ruleset? The default guide isn't quite cutting it for me, and the videos aren't helping either. Any pointers towards more in-depth resources or tips on making these adjustments without deep coding knowledge would be immensely appreciated.

As for the changes I just want to have the attributes and have them with the original max value and the current one the one that will be affected through out the play, change the layout and size of some areas, add some images from the game, and delete some unnecessary tabs, thatīs for starters, and also in a more advanced help Iīd like to fully understand the dice strings, and rolls to try to automatize most of the rolls and effects and that the changes go directly to the stats, I have tinkered a bit with the combat tracker but since Iīm still lost in the character sheet and skill rolls, I havenīt been able to advance further.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

MOD: Moved to MoreCore Rulesets to help get visibility for directed MoreCore assistance.

I haven't played in MoreCore in quite some time, so I personally don't have very accurate advice. I'm sure more will be along to help provide their guidance. Also I would suggest checking out the mod_creation (https://discord.com/channels/2745828...93811021807616) and ruleset_wizard (https://discord.com/channels/2745828...25299878707210) channels on our discord for getting some in real time answers.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you for directing my query to the right spot, I wasnīt sure about where to post it. I see, I tried to open the discord channels but I got an error that says there is not any text channel there. If there is any other ruleset that I can tweak easier just let me know, as of my research there are 3 generic rulesets, core rpg, morecore and xcore if Iīm correct. I just choose the one I thought would be easier to use, but if I can use any other ruleset that is easier to adapt to other gamestyle Iīm also open to try any ruleset, thanks again.

Here is the direct invite link for the main channel. https://discord.gg/3ea2jwTG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    I am both the main author of MoreCore and a big fan of the Ruleset Wizard.

I would not use the RSW to make changes to MoreCore. I started MC about 8 years ago and it definitely didn't have RSW in mind (it also didn't exist yet).

In my opinion RSW is best for creating new rulesets.

MC is quite complicated under the hood. I would be coding an extension by hand. Please take a screen shot of a MC character sheet and then edit in GiMP or whatever app you use to show the first round of changes and I'll try and get you started.

First off, I can't thank you enough for offering to help me out. It truly means a lot. I've been diving into all sorts of guides and videos, which have been super helpful. But, I've gotta admit, I'm pretty green when it comes to FGU and Ruleset Wizard. It's a bit of a steep learning curve for me since I lack the knowledge and experience using both platforms.

I'm attaching an image of the character sheet as I envision it. Sorry in advance for the quality and my attempt at it. I totally get and appreciate the support you're extending my way. I promise I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I'll walk you through the changes I'm dreaming of. But of course, if they're a bit much or not doable, I'm all ears for any suggestions or tweaks you might have. And hey, if there's another way to tackle these ideas, I'm open to that too.

Just so you know, the game will be in Spanish, which is why the text in my materials is in Spanish. In my game, characters will choose a Hero Soul from ancient myths to bond with any of the game's races. So, on the character sheet's header, we'll list the Hero Soul, the character's name, and their chosen doctrine (kinda like their alignment), plus their level and icon.

Right below the header, we'll have the character's attributes. There are 11 in total: PS (health points), PM (Magic Points), ATKF (Physical Attack), ATKM (Magical Attack), CRIT (chance of a critical hit), EV (evasion chance), FDEF (Physical Defense), MDEF (Magical Defense), VEL (speed), MOV (Movement points), and PA (Action points). I'd love to show both the initial (or original) value of these stats, which doesn't change until level-up and their current value, which changes with buffs or debuffs. Also, could the value boxes be a bit wider? Some numbers might exceed 100.

Next to the attributes, if I'm understanding correctly, are stats that can link to the combat tracker, right? Ideally, I'd like all 11 attributes linked, but if we're limited to 6, then PS, PM, ATKM, ATKF, MDEF, and FDEF are my picks since they're key for attack and defense rolls.

Below the attributes, I'm hoping for 6 boxes for skills and abilities, and instead of having 3 boxes just 2 wider boxes, categorized into Special Skills (which use magic points, with a max of 7 skills but starting with 2 and increasing as the character levels up), Normal Skills (not using magic points, max of 3), Combat Style Skills (which change with weapon type, only one active at a time), Reaction Skills (many available but only one active), Doctrine Skills, and Racial Skills (starting with one, potentially adding 2 or 3 more).

For buffs and debuffs, I'd like two more boxes to track these, especially noting that debuffs like poison can stack, affecting damage and duration, so having them like in the picture can work, having 1 box for the number of stacks, another box for the duration in turns if applicable and the other for the duration in rounds if applicable. And at the end, a couple of boxes for probability rolls to make gameplay smoother, I will link some tables to make it easier and faster for the players to know the results of each roll. like the accuracy roll, the probability of landing a critical hit roll, or the roll to apply certain debuffs.

Also, could the special skill box that uses magic points work similarly to the spell points box from the second tab of the character sheet, automatically deducting points with use?

For the second tab, I like it as is but would prefer it split into two sections instead of three, Iīd like to have the spells and power box, the story, notes, images, and 1 data box in the second tab. The Main and Abilities tabs are still up in the air for me, Iīm not sure how to use them yet so just letīs keep them there. The inventory is perfect, and I'd like to rename the first box in the Notes tab Appearance to HISTORIA also Iīd like the Notes box a bit smaller and rename it to NOTAS to add 1 box like the one in the second tab called DATA but renaming it to INFORMACION.

Lastly, I've got some game mechanics and formulas I want to incorporate. Here are a few examples to give you a better idea of what I'm aiming for with attack and buff skills. I'm hoping this gives you a clearer picture of my goals, and I'm super grateful for any advice or guidance you can offer.

ATTACK SKILLS

**Corona solar = 2d6 + 5 + ATKM (AoE attack that inflicts Random damage from dice throw plus a fixed Flat damage modifier plus the current value of the characterīs magical attack stat)
    **Ira del Caos = 1d8 + ATKM; and 80% chance of inflicting Silence and Weaken for 1 round (Random damage from dice throw plus the current value of the characterīs magical attack stat; and other rolls to check if the debuffs were successfully inflicted)
    **Konaginata Tomoe = 3d10 + 9 + ATKF; and 80% chance of inflicting 3 bleeding marks (Random damage from dice throw plus a fixed Flat damage modifier plus the current value of the characterīs physical attack stat, and other rolls to check if the debuffs were successfully inflicted)

(If the attack is magical the target will deduct its magical defense from the total attack damage and the same for physical damage)

BUFF SKILL

**Entrenamineto Onna Musha = +3d10 to ATKF and VEL, +10 to EV and Crit for 3 rounds but has a 40% chance of being disabled after your first turn for 2 rounds (this buff will increase the value of the userīs physical attack and speed by 3d10, and will increase their Evasion and Probability to land critical hits by 10 for 3 rounds; and other roll to check if the debuff is going to be successfully inflicted)
    **Favor de Odin = +1d12 to both ATKF and ATKM for 1 round and gains a second turn, also has 10%chance of getting 2 turns instead of just 1 (this buff grants an additional turn and increases both attack stats and there is a chance of getting 2 additional turns instead of 1 by a roll)

I hope this provides a deeper insight into the mechanics I want to implement in the game.

Thank you so much for your patience and help. Any changes or suggestions you have are more than welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also if you need any more details or information Iīm more than willing to provide any information needed, thanks again

Blog Entries
    Ok thanks for the detail.

You will find it very difficult to extend MoreCore in the RSW.
    What is the reason(s) you want to build it off of MoreCore?
    Out of curiosity have you tried XCore?

To be honest, morecore was the one that I could somehow understand better and also I could pull out some of the dice strings thanks to your guides out there, I tried Xcore but just superficially since I didnīt want to get confused using other rulesets and since I was having a really hard time figuring it out I didnīt want to delve deeper into another ruleset, but if you recommend me to use xcore instead of morecore Iīll do it, as I mentioned before I donīt really have experience and I donīt know the potential of each ruleset, and if you think xcore is more suitable for my game Iīll try it. Is there a list of dice strings like in the Morecore guide? If you still can help me with the character sheet for xcore instead of morecore Iīll appreciate it as well
    Last edited by Big Reptar; February 5th, 2024 at 00:26.

Blog Entries
    Ok so its the Dice Strings that attracted you to MoreCore? It does have support for lots of dice rolls.
    XCore has some core rolls built in and a very simple system for adding your own - much easier than MoreCore in that area.

What are the actual dice mechanics your game needs?

Thread Information