DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Release v3.0

I still consider it in development. It is still available in the Test slot.

JPG

Blog Entries
    What's this about fudge dice?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Fudge dice are now one of the standard supported dice types. If you create a campaign using the CoreRPG ruleset, it's on the desktop with the other dice. All the layers built on top of CoreRPG (3.5E/PFRPG/4E/C&C) remove the fudge die, since it is not used in those systems.

Cheers,
    JPG

I am already working on a patch release (v3.0.1) to address issues for rulesets not specifically updated for v3.0 release. (See Laboratory forum if you want to know more.)

As of the moment, I have heard issues with Savage Worlds, Star Wars: EotE and WFRP v3. However, other than targeting issues with Savage Worlds, I do not have any information on what the issues are.

Please let me know ASAP, if you know of any issues with any ruleset in v3.0. Also, please include steps to allow me to see the issue, as I am not familiar with all the game systems played on FG.

Thanks for your help,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    As of the moment, I have heard issues with Savage Worlds, Star Wars: EotE and WFRP v3.
    Don't worry about the Star Wars: EotE ruleset - I've been developing the FG 3.0 version for a while and should have it out this weekend.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Empire-FG-3-0
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 21st, 2013 at 02:11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Getting used to the new targeting system and as a whole I like it. However - would it be possible to change the colour of the targeting lines to be that of the player's dice? There are too many white lines on the map now, and if you have tokens locked for movement it is very hard to see if there are targeting lines around.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The visibility of targeting lines has already come up in another thread, and I've been brainstorming on how to reduce the clutter in large combats.

The best solution I've come up with so far is to only show targeting on "owned" tokens, and to provide targeting info for other tokens on hover only. (i.e. tokens with no owner are owned by GM.) The problem with that solution is that tokens have never had the concept of "ownership". The previous targeting system was tied to the user, and knew nothing about which creature/token was targeting the target token. Once we have token "owners", then you have to start thinking about the UI for how to add and remove owners. So, it's not a quick solution.

I thought about making all targeting on hover, but that makes checking targets a tedious UI task with no visual feedback. (mouse over to check, CTRL+click to set target, mouse over original token to check)

Another benefit of owned tokens is that ownership can be used to stop players from moving tokens they do not own.

So, it's going to have to wait a bit until after I get v3.0.1 out with compatibility coverage improved. (hopefully sooner than later)

JPG

What about only showing the targeting for the selected token? Mouse over to see targets otherwise.

Ok, I've updated to 3.0 but the 3.5E and 4E rulesets do not appear to be updated. Both .PAK files have 8-13-2012 dates. Where can I see/get the updated versions?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    Ok, I've updated to 3.0 but the 3.5E and 4E rulesets do not appear to be updated. Both .PAK files have 8-13-2012 dates. Where can I see/get the updated versions?
    Delete the old .pak files and run the update again. The new ones will be in <FG App Data Folder>\rulesets.

Thread Information