DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New Arcane Backgrounds

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I missed something, but I was trying to use an arcane background from the Fantasy Companion (Sorcery) on a character sheet in the 3.4 ruleset. I couldn't find Spellweaving as a skill so I created a new one added it. No problem there. I couldn't find the Edge in the Fantasy Companion that could be added correctly, so I made a new one and added to the sheet. Still no problem there. I went to the Powers section of the sheet, added a spell and checked the Arcane Type...Sorcery wasn't listed. I didn't really think that was a problem, so I set it to Magic. Set the Power Points, and added a spell.

When I went to test the spell out the results it gave me were, Spellcasting (Unskilled) Dispel [Trait roll was a was a natural 1]. So there's the problem. Since Spellweaving and Sorcery were not in there, its treating it like regular Magic and looking for the Spellcasting skill.

Is it possible to fix this so other Arcane Backgrounds can be used, such as Alchemy and Ritual Magic? I mean, without tearing into the ruleset and coding, that is

Blog Entries
    I ran into the same problem with Hellfrost with Song Magic. So I used the Magic arcane background and named the skill: Spellcasting (Song Magic). Not elegant but it worked.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

That's not a problem if the skill is based off Smarts right? but Spellweaving is based off Spirit. I guess I could change it to Miracles instead of Magic, but that wouldn't exactly be right either...Sorcery doesn't allow the healing spells.

SW 3.4 ruleset supports easy way to add more arcane backgrounds (and weapon types). You can do this as simple extension. The way is done requires LUA, but only one line of code per new arcane type. If you can provide list of names, linked skills etc I can do sample extension for you.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

For my campaign (a dark fantasy game using the Fantasy companion), we need Edge - Arcane Background: Sorcery (Skill -> Spellweaving [Spirit]), Edge - Arcane Background: Alchemy ( Skill -> Alchemy [Smarts]) and Edge - Ritual Magic ( Skill -> Ritualism [Smarts] )

I'm not sure how to do this myself or I'd definitely do so!

Fantasy Companion Arcane Backgrounds

Here is extension which will add Fantasy Companion Arcane Backgrounds to SW ruleset. There is small catch about the SW ruleset implementation which I was not aware of: Dropdown is hard-coded to support only 6 entries. I believe this limitation can be removed, but for now I didn't want to deal with it. When this extension is enabled supported Arcane Backgrounds will be:

• Magic
    • Miracles
    • Alchemy
    • Sorcery
    • Rituals

If anyone would like to help me with new power indicator icons and radial icons I would approciate it

PS: If you need new draggable skill in your library, you could use Enhanced Library extension and create them yourself.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Dropdown is hard-coded to support only 6 entries. I believe this limitation can be removed, but for now I didn't want to deal with it.
    Try adding this XML into the charsheet extention.

I tried adding the code block to updated_charsheet_powers.xml, but for some reason this is only working for me when it's named charsheet_powers.xml
    Last edited by Dracones; December 4th, 2013 at 19:26. Reason: Updated charsheet_powers.xml

Thread Information