5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Superb tool, thank you very much. Has made the switch to fantasy grounds a lot easier for me as DM.

Thank you for this wonderful utility. Even without watching the demo I was able to adjust my first map in maybe 10 minutes.

Question. This software says DEMO.. is there a way to get the full version? I don't mind paying or donating for this great little piece of programing!

Quote Originally Posted by sulriel View Post
    Question. This software says DEMO.. is there a way to get the full version? I don't mind paying or donating for this great little piece of programing!
    I think it is the video which is the demo, that is demonstrating how it is used. The utility is complete.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am having an issue with this utility crashing on very large maps giving an out of memory error. I know I can resize it before passing the image to the utility but I was wondering if the utility was still being supported and if support for larger images could be added.

The large images I am getting the error with are about 110Mb in size.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I am having an issue with this utility crashing on very large maps giving an out of memory error. I know I can resize it before passing the image to the utility but I was wondering if the utility was still being supported and if support for larger images could be added.

The large images I am getting the error with are about 110Mb in size.
    Look at the amount of memory the app is using in Windows Task Manager just before in crashes. I'm guessing that this is hitting the 32-bit app memory limit of 3.7GB (you usually experience issues with apps as memory use approaches this) - which has nothing to do with how much memory you have on your computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look at the amount of memory the app is using in Windows Task Manager just before in crashes. I'm guessing that this is hitting the 32-bit app memory limit of 3.7GB (you usually experience issues with apps as memory use approaches this) - which has nothing to do with how much memory you have on your computer.
    I've monitored it and it gets nowhere near the 3.7GB limit. It crashes at about 500Mb.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I just tested it to see if it was file size or dimensions. I created a blank png of the same dimensions as my 110 Mb. the file size of the blank one was 69 kb. The application had no issues with the blank file, but crashes on the large file.

Whatever mapsize you work with in mapalign, it sounds it wouldn‘t fit into FG, either. 500MB sounds like several 1.000 pixels across.
    The recommended size is not above 2.048 x 2.048 pixels. It‘s so easy to combine maps by putting maplink pins on them instead.
    Why use maps with several 100 MB, which would never finish downloading on the client end side?

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    Whatever mapsize you work with in mapalign, it sounds it wouldn‘t fit into FG, either. 500MB sounds like several 1.000 pixels across.
    The recommended size is not above 2.048 x 2.048 pixels. It‘s so easy to combine maps by putting maplink pins on them instead.
    Why use maps with several 100 MB, which would never finish downloading on the client end side?
    I understand the recommendations for maps within FG. My intention is to use this utility to resize the maps to be usable. The originals I am editing are very large, with square sizes of 200+ pixels. I am resizing them down to be on a 50px square grid.

Thread Information