DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last
    To get other increments, use 1/6 and 1/8 together. That is, add 1/6 and subtract 1/8. That is the same as adding 1/24.

For the map you posted, the proportions definitely seem a little different or offset from other areas on the whole map. The tool was not designed to handle that. It assumes a fixed grid has been used. But that grid can have different vertical and horizontal sizes and the sizes do not have to be whole pixel units.

For the map you posted, I would use 20.458 (20 then add 1/6, 1/6, 1/8) and vertical of 20.333. That is a off on various portions of the map. But since FG allows you to move the grid a pixel at a time, you could move the grid a little bit whenever it gets too far off.

This is a hugely valuable and important utility which needs to get much more publicity. It should be stickied in every forum.

Well done young person.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I am creating my own maps with grid lines, and I was curious if someone knew the answer to this question.
    What is the best dimension to make each 5' square? Should you make each square 50x50 pixels surrounded by a 1 pixel grid, or make each square 49x49 pixels? What works best with FG default grid tool?

Thx.
    A wise man wins before he fights, while the ignorant man fights to win. - Zhuge Liang

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I am creating my own maps with grid lines, and I was curious if someone knew the answer to this question.
    What is the best dimension to make each 5' square? Should you make each square 50x50 pixels surrounded by a 1 pixel grid, or make each square 49x49 pixels? What works best with FG default grid tool?

Thx.
    it is 50px including the grid lines...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    it is 50px including the grid lines...
    So 49x49 with an additional 1 pixel grid totaling 50pixels?
    A wise man wins before he fights, while the ignorant man fights to win. - Zhuge Liang

Blog Entries
    what application are you using?
    the grid is usually an overlay. you create your image and then you create a grid layer or overlay a grid and the grid lines occur at 50/100/150/200/250/etc px in each direction.
    you may additionally have an offset in either direction.

I am using paint.net
    So I had it right at 49x49pix inside of the 1pix grid.

Thx damned.

Well, I can't believe I *just* found this, because it is amazing. Thank you for this. It has literally changed my D&D life.

If only there was some ability to rotate/deskew.

Even without this functionality this tool is amazing... thank you so much!

In the help section it recommends 300 output tile size for printing but I am having issues there anything above a 150 output size creates an exception and doesn't save.

Thread Information