DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last
    I'm sorry - first, thank you for the awesome tool. I watched the video.
    Second, I don't know which one of the three files I should be installing... Can you help? Sorry again. I am using a Nitro PC with Windows 11.

Map Align 2014_0523.zip
    Map Align_LAA aware.zip
    Map Align 2023 .net4.8 x64.zip
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Last is Best

Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    I'm sorry - first, thank you for the awesome tool. I watched the video.
    Second, I don't know which one of the three files I should be installing... Can you help? Sorry again. I am using a Nitro PC with Windows 11.

Map Align 2014_0523.zip
    Map Align_LAA aware.zip
    Map Align 2023 .net4.8 x64.zip

Use Map Align 2023 .net 8 x64.zip. it will work with Windows 11 and the newest versions of the .net framework.

Have fun!

Great tool. Now that Smiteworks are recommending to community developers to use the .Webm format for maps would it be possible to modify this app to output to that format?

Now that Smiteworks are recommending to community developers to use the .Webm format for maps would it be possible to modify this app to output to that format
    Great suggestion! But sorry, not at this time.

This application is done completely with standard .NET libraries. I do not see a good way to do this without pulling in a third party library which then creates a set of maintenance issues. And the libraries I see for .Webm creation like FFmpeg seem to work by spawning background processes, something I definitely do not want to do with this application. So while it would be convenient and save a step, probably better off taking the extra step and converting using one of the online tools. They may even give you more options on the conversion.

But if I am wrong and someone knows of an easy way to convert from a bitmap to .Webm in .NET, please let me know and I can try to incorporate that.

Thanks

Was having some trouble getting some maps to lineup with just the existing options, so added 1/10 and 1/100 options for the tile size.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Great tool. Now that Smiteworks are recommending to community developers to use the .Webm format for maps would it be possible to modify this app to output to that format?
    You may wish to have a go at lining up the grid inside of FGU since you now have many more options to do so that weren't available in Classic when this tool was written.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's certainly better than it was however one thing Map Align also does is reduce the file size of a map.

You may wish to have a go at lining up the grid inside of FGU since you now have many more options to do so that weren't available in Classic when this tool was written.
    Yes, absolutely, the grid align feature in the FG tool itself is super nice and should definitely be the preferred choice in most cases. And as well for another reason I do not believe anyone mentioned. In my personal opinion, I believe the image scaling that FG does is better than any of the choices in the tool. Obviously, that is personal preference, so others may not agree, but I like FG scaling best on most maps.

(But I still use the tool for printing maps at exactly 1" for in-person sessions. For some reason, FG does not help with printed maps. Who would have thought? )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    Yes, absolutely, the grid align feature in the FG tool itself is super nice and should definitely be the preferred choice in most cases. And as well for another reason I do not believe anyone mentioned. In my personal opinion, I believe the image scaling that FG does is better than any of the choices in the tool. Obviously, that is personal preference, so others may not agree, but I like FG scaling best on most maps.

(But I still use the tool for printing maps at exactly 1" for in-person sessions. For some reason, FG does not help with printed maps. Who would have thought? )
    I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but you could export maps at 1" per grid from FGU. The resolution of the file export is based on the grid size. If you set the grid size to 300, for example, the exported file would 300 pixels per grid. A little math gets you the rest of the way. If the original grid size is 35, the ratio is 300/53 or 8.57142... Change the grid size to 300. Then in the layer tab, select the layer and multiply the dimension by 8.57142... So, if the new width 3.5, 3.5 x 8.57142... is 30. Change the width to 30 et voilà! An export would now be 300 dpi. If you have multiple layers, put them in a folder first and scale the folder. You'd still need to go into Photoshop or something similar and change the resolution from 72dpi to 300dpi without resampling. The map render is done on the GPU, so at a certain size it isn't going to work based on your GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    FG does not help with printed maps

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    ... you could export maps at 1" per grid from FGU...
    Ha! I stand corrected

Thread Information