DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talonhawke View Post
    In the help section it recommends 300 output tile size for printing but I am having issues there anything above a 150 output size creates an exception and doesn't save.
    Welcome to the community

I imagine it is because you are reaching a process size limit of the tool. Watch the task manager and see how large the process gets as you try higher and higher resolutions. You might end up having to do your map in pieces.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The blue circle with the i in the middle it's actually labeled directions. So the next question would be how to get that to print at 1inch for each 5ft square when printing if I use 50px.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Talonhawke what help section? Files for FG should be much lower quality.... 50px per 5' grid square is a good guide.
    I think he wants to print the map, not use it in FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Talonhawke View Post
    The blue circle with the i in the middle it's actually labeled directions. So the next question would be how to get that to print at 1inch for each 5ft square when printing if I use 50px.
    The dpi (dots per inch) is a measure of quality of image not the size of the square. You can print out at anything from 50px right up to super high dpi. As reported above it may well be depending on the map you are working on. If it is a big map and you are wanting it to print in a high resolution then that will make it massive. So either break the map into smaller chucks or print out in a lower res.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you're looking to print out the map, just use this tool to get the grid sized correctly, don't change the base size of the map. For example, if the base DPI of the map is 100 don't change that. Just export your map with the grid aligned. Then load up the map in a graphics app (e.g. GIMP) and do whatever resizing you want to do (and probably sharpening to reduce the blur if you're increasing the DPI above the original). Then print from the graphics app.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Keep in mind - if it hasn't been stated before - a lot of maps will not fit correctly unless you load it into a graphic editor - lay down a grid and resize X / Y until it fits the grid you've put down - I've converted over 200 maps by now and more than half had to be hand-adjusted before even attempting to use them...

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid-Don View Post
    Keep in mind - if it hasn't been stated before - a lot of maps will not fit correctly unless you load it into a graphic editor - lay down a grid and resize X / Y until it fits the grid you've put down.
    Absolutely - that's the main purpose of the excellent application Valeros created and attached in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information