5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    So i'm a little confused. I have a town map that has a grid on it that says Each square equals 20ft. So when I use the Map Align tool do I set the output tile size to 200. And if I do, do that it blows the map up to 6800x4600, the original map was 1235x831. Am I doing this correctly or not..

Whoops double post..

Quote Originally Posted by irish_carbomb View Post
    So i'm a little confused. I have a town map that has a grid on it that says Each square equals 20ft. So when I use the Map Align tool do I set the output tile size to 200. And if I do, do that it blows the map up to 6800x4600, the original map was 1235x831. Am I doing this correctly or not..
    If you want 50 pixels per 5 foot square (which is the usual default for most people) then 200 pixels per 20 ft square is correct. However, for some large maps this will result in an image much larger than is recommended for Fantasy Grounds - which appears to be the case for the map you're using. The recommendation is to keep FG images below 2000x2000 pixels. It's OK to have *one or two* images that are a bit larger than this (maybe up to 3000-3500 pixels), but be aware that these will take a lot of memory, and will probably take a long time to transfer to your players.

You can either split the map up into smaller portions, or use a lot smaller pixel count (e.g. 20/25 pixels per 5 ft square = 80/100 per 20 ft square) but you could lose details if the original image you're using is large and contained a lot of details. If you're actually enlarging the image as a result of this process then you may have too little detail/pixelation.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah I'm dumb.. Math hard.. I just used 20/80, instead of 50/200. That made a huge difference.. Thanks for the quick reply and the help

:Loving this tool for FG, but looking to expand to using it with PosteRazor to print maps to 1 inch scale. I seem to be doing something wrong since the squares are not printing with 1 inch squares. Ive set the outrpout size in Map Align to 300 pixels and daved the file and loaded that in to Posterize with launches Acrobat to print. What am I missing in the process to get 1 inch printed squares?

I think I might be too dumb to be alive because I cannot seem to be able to download the attachment. There is no link near the paper clip in OP. Any help would be appreciated.

Click the phrase 'Map Align 2014_0523.zip'.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Click the phrase 'Map Align 2014_0523.zip'.
    Ok so I know I am not crazy. I don't see that link and I did a find on the page and the word zip does not show in that context. weird, right?

https://i.imgur.com/W1mb9uB.jpg <--what I see

You are looking at a thread preview. To get to the attachment, you will have to view the actual thread. I have noticed that some search engines are linking the preview now instead of the threads. Try this link to see if it takes you to the actual thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Wow I cannot thank you enough. Seems silly now. Now only did I get the attachment but now I don't have to secretly wonder why the FG message board looked so terrible. Thanks a million!

Thread Information