DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Map Align - Utility to scale and align map to grid

I find it tedious to get maps to line-up with the grid (especially WoTC maps.) So I made a utility to do it quickly. Works great for FG and Roll20. (Also good for adding a grid or for preparing to print as 1" squares.)

Directions located under Help menu in application.

Added a new version complied for .Net 4.8 and x64

----

This program is intended for adding or aligning Role Playing Game (RPG) maps to a grid, usually for use in virtual tabletop applications (such as Fantasy Grounds or Roll20), or for preparing the map to print with one inch tiles. (This program does not print the map.)

It can be used to quickly and easily add a grid to a map or align a map to a grid, even when the grid already in the image is not an exact number of pixels wide or the width and height of a tile are not the same (e.g., many Wizards of the Coast maps.)

The program will adjust the map to make each tile square, make each tile one inch for printing, and add borders to partial left, right, top, and bottom tiles to make the map an even number of tiles wide and tall.

The grid used to align the map can optionally be saved with the map to add a grid to the map if it did not have one or if the virtual tabletop application does not provide grid options such as line color and width.

EDIT: (Zacchaeus) a more up to date video on how to use this utility
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; September 4th, 2023 at 19:54.

Epic! Must try this when I get home. Thank you, sir!

Going to try this later today.

THANKS!!!

This is simply the coolest utility, thank you very much valeros.
    This will save me much time.
    He who laughs last, didn't get it.

Thanks for sharing. Couldn't get it to run on Crossover though

Previously: MurghBpurn

This is indeed a very cool utility.

In addition, most rulesets in FG 3.0 that are based off CoreRPG now have a grid alignment tool built in (in FG 2 quite a few rulesets had this as well). Just in case people aren't aware (as I've come across a few GMs who weren't) the grid alignment tool appears on the toolbar once a grid is drawn - it allows the GM to increase/decrease the grid size one step at a time and shift the grid up/down/left right within an FG image/map on the fly:

Initially just the "#" icon is shown when a grid is first drawn, click this to expand and see the grid controls.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I downloaded it unzipped it and Immedtely My Norton went insane jumped on it and shredded it Telling me it was infected with Sonar?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Feature Request: Toggle grid on/off with a simple button click. Sometimes the grid hides existing cues in the image, would be nice to be able to quickly toggle the grid to make sure it's in the right place.

Love this tool, FG GMs everywhere rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Feature Request: Toggle grid on/off with a simple button click. Sometimes the grid hides existing cues in the image, would be nice to be able to quickly toggle the grid to make sure it's in the right place.
    Add the request to the FG wishlist, this is where requests are tracked and voted on: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This was a feature request for the Map Align tool, not FG (although I guess having higher fidelity in FGs grid tools would be nice as well).

D.

Thread Information