STAR TREK 2d20

New User Questions

Hi guys, I'm at work right now so I can't really check this out on my own until later tomorrow.
    I'm looking to purchase an ultimate licence.

I have, at a great expense to my personal time, extracted a large amount of .monster files from my D&D insider account to use with another combat tracker. I was wondering, I downloaded the demo version of Fantasy Grounds and I can't find a function to import all of those files.

It would be a real pain to have to put them all in manually. I like to run open world sandbox style campaigns. Quests don't have to be finished and players are free to explore a world of my creation at will. I mention this because this means they have a chance of encountering ANY monster at any time. I really hope there is an automated way to import. I'm not a fan of rail-roading my players. Everything is changeable on the fly. Monsters can escape and be tracked. Dungeons can be shortened or lengthened depending on how the party is doing. New unique NPC characters are incorporated at regular intervals to make a believable and engrossing story. If an automated input function is not available at this time will there be one in the future?

Also, is there a list of shortcut keys and tips? An example would be pressing crtl when sending a message to send a different type of message. (like OOC and emotes).

Sorry, I had to type this out quickly.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4E-Item-Parser

Check out this thread for an amazingly easy to use Compendium scraper.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

Thank you very much.

I wish I knew this program was around before I did most of them manually :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

Thank you very much.
    Are there any other "must have" utilities, mods, extensions for 4E?
    Is there a database of free maps and battle maps? Monsters? Thanks

The parser will get almost all of the DDI data for you like about 98%ish. That will do for the monsters, powers, classes, races, feats and items. Maps are the one thing in a VTT that take more prep time than in a face to face game. WotC's old map a week archives, rpgMapShare, and other places have maps but you will find that unless you find a map first and then build the adventure around the map the maps you find don't quite match what you want to run. Each GM is different in how much time they want to put into maps - nice looking maps generally take a lot longer to make. There is a lot of mapping software available but most have some sort of learning curve or require some sort of artistic talent.

I spent a bored afternoon at work downloading the maps from every single 4E Dungeon magazine in the archive. It's a big folder now. :P
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thread Information