FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 28 First 1234513 ... Last
    Updates

• [3.5E/4E] Damage result status change messages now match combat tracker status messages.
    • [C&C] Labels migrated to string resources.
    • [4E] Script error on damage rolls. Fixed.
    • [C&C] EV incorrect for items with footnotes in PHB equipment table. Fixed.
    • [C&C] Inventory containers were incorrectly case sensitive for EV calculation. Fixed.

JPG

Why Thursday nights!?!?! You keep updating shortly after my players start logging in, so only half of them get the updates....LOL

Just happens to be a day I get to work on FG the most. It's only 4pm here.

JPG

Hmmm... perhaps I missed some conversation on this subject, but has the typing indicator been removed for both players and GM? Using C&C, and notice that when my player types, I no longer a dialog bubble on the character to indicate that something is being communicated. Also, when the GM types, I no longer see a ghosted dialog bubble superimposed on the chat window. Is this the new normal, or is something broken?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Hmmm... perhaps I missed some conversation on this subject, but has the typing indicator been removed for both players and GM? Using C&C, and notice that when my player types, I no longer a dialog bubble on the character to indicate that something is being communicated. Also, when the GM types, I no longer see a ghosted dialog bubble superimposed on the chat window. Is this the new normal, or is something broken?
    Make sure the option for "show character portrait" is on then try "speaking;" the voice balloons should show up fine.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

The portraits are on, and the speech bubbles do appear in the chat window around the text that has been entered... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the little text bubble icon that used to be superimposed on the character's portraits at the top of the FG window, above the chat window to indicate that the player was typing something. The counterpart to this was a chat bubble icon that would appear supermposed and ghosted at the top of the chat window to let the players know the GM was typing something.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

The portraits are on, and the speech bubbles do appear in the chat window around the text that has been entered... but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the little text bubble icon that used to be superimposed on the character's portraits at the top of the FG window, above the chat window to indicate that the player was typing something. The counterpart to this was a chat bubble icon that would appear supermposed and ghosted at the top of the chat window to let the players know the GM was typing something.
    Well, it's not very secretive if you're whispering a message to another player (or the GM) and everyone else is aware of it. I thought that function should have been deprecated earlier; others may disagree but the "show player's whispers" is an option I normally turn off (or on as the case may be) so that it's a bit more like real whispering.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

If you see a chat bubble appear then disappear without any text appearing, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it could be people chatting with others, it could be that the person typing decided not to say anything, etc. On the other hand, as a GM running a text-only game, the other 99.999% of the time the chat bubble accurately alerts me to text that does eventually appear. It lets me know as a GM to wait to take action if there are one or more players trying to communicate something to me but haven't finished typing yet.

I would be *really* bummed if this feature was lost. I suspect it is a bug, as there are still chat bubble icons lying around in the ruleset, unused in C&C as far as my limited blackbox testing has shown. I would be totally happy with providing an Option to hide the chat icons for the Scott Fergusons out there

If you see a chat bubble appear then disappear without any text appearing, it doesn't necessarily mean anything - it could be people chatting with others, it could be that the person typing decided not to say anything, etc. On the other hand, as a GM running a text-only game, the other 99.999% of the time the chat bubble accurately alerts me to text that does eventually appear. It lets me know as a GM to wait to take action if there are one or more players trying to communicate something to me but haven't finished typing yet.

I would be *really* bummed if this feature was lost. I suspect it is a bug, as there are still chat bubble icons lying around in the ruleset, unused in C&C as far as my limited blackbox testing has shown. I would be totally happy with providing an Option to hide the chat icons for the Scott Fergusons out there
    Text only games are a little passé in the FG community with Skype, mumble, TeamSpeak and other VOIP programs out there. Text only would be the exception, not the rule. I wouldn't mind an option though for the Craig's out there .

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    teXt is i think becoming less and less popular but Doc makes a very valid point - in text only games it is very useful to know if some poor player is trying to hammer out his evasive action before you deliver the coup de grace.

Thread Information