STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 34 First ... 2345614 ... Last

I had my first real gaming session with my players the other night and experienced a LOT of crashes.

In particular one of my players would almost guarenteed be disconnected if I shared anything. One thing I did notice. If I imported an image into my image folder during the game, and shared it, it was an instant disconnect. It was something we actively tested and could reproduce as a method for creating a disconnect for that player. Previously shared images could also cause crashes for players.

I ended up unsharing everything and started over and that reduced the problems. But it was still a very major issue.

Also, at some point, after several rounds of combat without any problems at all, my players suddenly got a lot of error messages. Unfortunately I forgot to have them give me the error messages.

Some feed back from the players:
    While page 3 seems nice with all those premade rolls, it is effectively useless a lot of the time. Here we talk about the things for combat. They found that having either Potence or Celerity would keep changing their stat depending on wether they spent blood or not, they found it very unintuitive to use. Also: There only seems to be a premade roll made for single melee strikes, but not the same for firearms.
    It also seems the case that, even if you use the "Difficulty Modifier" on page 3 it only applies to rolls generated on that page. Which meant that my players couldn't just use the one on page 3 for all rolls, which would have been nice. This was a major complaint from the players.

Personal Observations:
    While I am very gratified that the combat tracker now works, I find it troublesome that I can't add or subtract damage directly to players and npcs... or am I missing a method of doing this? Suggestion: Add 6 small buttons at the bottom of the combat tracker, for adding bashing, lethal, aggravated damage and subtracting the same. That would be a great help!

Managing NPC's during combat has an issue that is mostly annoying. You cannot see how many dots an NPC (or player for that matter) have in a discipline on the frontpage. So. Everytime I had to manage an NPC during combat, I not only had to open the NPC sheet (which I love by the way), but also had press the "more" button, to keep track of any relevant disciplines. If the discipline / Advantages dots were visible on Page 1 of the character sheet, like everything else, it would make it much easier to manage combat.

Under the options menu there is something called: Chat Show GM rolls. This function does not work. Period. There are times when I don't want my players to see my rolls, so this is sort of vital to me.

The good stuff: All in all the response was pretty positive. My gaming group are mostly fans of Storyteller games and we've been waiting for a ruleset to use. Bugs and crashes aside, we had a great time. The overall response from my players is the hope for continued support off this ruleset.

Are you speaking about the v1.8 ?

Yes

Are you using the "Dev" or the "Test" version of FG3 ?

Should have remembered to mentioned this.

I am running 3.0 Test version on Windows 8.

i think there is a problem somewhere, i have not these bugs ...

All your players has the test version of FG3 ?

If a player has a mac, it is possible FG crash ?

All runs the same version. None runs a Mac.

I don't know if it is a FG problem, but these DC's have been much worse in this ruleset than in any other I've experienced in this Beta.

i am trying if it is crashing with a player when i share an image, ...

i am experiencing a crash by a player when he try to open an image… really do not understand.

EDIT : i am based on CoreRPG ruleset, i think it's a bug of this ruleset. Just i have posted this bug into "test FG3 (beta)" into the laboratory.
    Last edited by earthworm3; November 19th, 2013 at 19:09.

Thread Information