DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to make these changes? which ones would be possible?

I have some doubts to adjust some things in my extension:
    1 - Can I create a Windowclass called dice_set and in it contain the data located at the base of the desktop?
    2 - If the answer is yes, then I can turn this Windowclass into a Panel and dock it wherever I want?
    3 - I created an anchor of the combat tracker with the chat, but I would like to disappear with the help buttons and close combat track, but I have no idea how to do that.

I would be very grateful if you have help and answers.

Moderator: Moved from the Laboratory forum (which is for issues/questions regarding the current beta test). The Workshop is where questions like this should be posted.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1. Dice are not tied to any window class; so can not be moved with a window. All other items on the desktop are already tied to panel windows. (i.e. always on the desktop, below floating windows.)
    2. Panel windows can not not be opened and closed like floating windows. They are always on.
    3. I'm not sure how you would do that in the current platform. You might be able to do it by tracking the onMove/onSizeChanged events on the chat window; but it's going to be pretty manual. The panels are designed to layout relative to each other; not to floating windows.

Regards,
    JPG

I made this vídeo to try show my question|idea

YOUTUBE VIDEO
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; March 1st, 2022 at 14:32.

I understand; and that's what I thought you were asking. However, the FG client does not support dynamically moving the dice; nor tying them to a window or a panel.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Yako, maybe you could extend the Reset Position function of the dice that already exists? Something like an option that allows you to type in coordinates for the new positions and then activate the Reset Position? Would require a bit of logic and math in your coding so might be pretty challenging, but it' a thought

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Regardless of whether the position could be computed, the issue is that there are no APIs to interact with the 3D dice at all. They can only be defined in the ruleset (and extensions); so their positions are locked once a campaign is loaded.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Ah, so changing the default/home position values in the db after the ruleset is loaded won't help/possible. Ah well, it was a thought

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I understand, but still thanks for the attention and help Moon and Lord, and I'm glad my "rustic" English was understood and I can't get it out of my head that it would be amazing if my idea were applicable.

Thread Information