DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New user this app needs work

I just started using it but the non-standard user interface is going to be a huge learning curve and this right clicking and the circles I mean can we just used a standard tabbed type interface with drop down menus like office has.

I imported my pictures into the game when I display them fine but when I right click them it had resize options horizontal to vertical I never seen anything like that how about resize to window or resize to screen so no matter what resolution you have the pictures scale correctly and automatically.

Also when viewing through your pictures does this option support folders if this app is supposed to support your entire campaign. All I see is one scrollable list.

Also is there a easy guide to this app I can download.

Also I brought the base app + Rolemaster classic and of course 90% of everything is missing. So now I need character law? creatures and treasures? what else

Blog Entries
    Always a good idea to look around a little bit. You likely will have questions that have already been asked and answered before.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Documentation

PM me if you want a 30-45 minute demo of FG and RMC. We might be able to arrange something in the evening over the weekend.

Oh and welcome... RMC functionality is what personally nailed down my own purchase of FG and back then it had a fraction of what it has now.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I think I mentioned this in another one of your threads, but...

There are a number of really good Tutorial Videros both on the FG Website and also on YouTube. If you and your players are new to FG2 you might want to have a look at them to help with learning how to use FG2 to it full potential.

And yes, this is yet another one of my famous "shameless self-plugs" for my own Tutorial Videos - see the link in my sig below or in the Forumns at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...utorial-Videos

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B View Post
    Also is there a easy guide to this app I can download.
    There are a number - for RMC go to the store page and click on the "user manual" link in the first sentence of the description.

The new user (section 2.1) and new GM (section 2.2) guides are good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B View Post
    Also I brought the base app + Rolemaster classic and of course 90% of everything is missing. So now I need character law? creatures and treasures? what else
    These books come with the ruleset in the form of "modules". They are just not activated when you first load a campaign. See section 2.1.1 in the above mentioned user guide - the last 2 bullet points in this section tell you how to open the modules for Character Law, Arms Law and Spell Law. Creatures and Treasures is also available as a module that comes with the ruleset.

Also, the 3.5e user guide covers a lot of FG basics: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ When you open a heading in the left hand menu it will also open a bunch of sub-headings - it is easy to miss these. Don't be put off by the fact that this is for the 3.5e ruleset - 90% of what is in this user guide is relevant to general FG use.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve to get used to - Fantasy Grounds was built to try to emulate the tabletop gaming experience we are used to outside of computers, not to mimic MS Office or similar systems. It is worth taking the time to get used to it - every unfamiliar computer application that is accomplishing something out-of-the-norm needs some time spent learning it. As has been mentioned there are plenty of videos available, user guides, you've had offers of a demo and then there is the community which can be a great help for answering questions or pointing you in the right direction.

Spending the time and effort getting used to Fantasy Grounds and the RMC ruleset will make your Rolemaster gaming experience much better and smoother - soon you'll be wondering how you gamed without it before!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome to FG and RMC Marc. It is a bit overwhelming at first and it takes a bit to get up to speed. Be sure to take JohnD up on his offer to show you the RMC ruleset. Seeing it in action is the best way to learn.

If you have questions, please ask them. People are really good about helping out around here.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Blog Entries
    there are reasons for the quirky interface.
    the current devs/owners bought the version 1 product from previous devs/owners - so some of it is inherited
    tabs across top of screen take up valuable real estate - once you start using it you will want to have more and more screen space - the radial menus are out of way until you need them.
    im sure there are other (good?) reasons too.

once you accept that the interface is quirky - always experiment and right click if you think something shoudl be there and its not.
    for grouping images or monsters or encounters or story entries or whatever - right click and add a new tab - ok that bit is almost intuitive now that we are regularly right clicking.
    the next bit is so not intuitive until you do it a couple of times and then it suddenly seems normal - type a name for your new tab in the chat window - dont press enter - grab your trusty vorpal mouse +3 and drag the name onto the tab.

how much crap did microsoft cop when they introduced the ribbon? i know lots of people that still hate the ribbon. what about the metro interface? unfamiliar things are sometimes challenging.
    sometimes even familiar things (like my wife) are still challenging...

Your wife obviously does NOT read the FG2 Forumns, does she damned?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    i seriously hope not... actually she would probably cross to the other side of the street if she saw the forums walking towards her...

Thread Information