DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Combat Tracker

Combat Tracker

I've found loads of information to get me started but the one thing I've been struggling with is how to get NPCs to target specific PCs? Of course I'm still working through tutorials but it would be much appreciated if someone could enlighten me on this subject.

NPC targeting PCs is not currently supported by SW ruleset. In fact the whole targeting system in FGII is meant that players can target other tokens, it's not meant that GM can target PCs. I never understood why, but luckily in new FG version there will be major fix where targeting is token-to-token based and thus will support it Stay tuned when FG v3.0 comes and ruleset is updated to support that feature.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    NPC targeting PCs is not currently supported by SW ruleset. In fact the whole targeting system in FGII is meant that players can target other tokens, it's not meant that GM can target PCs. I never understood why, but luckily in new FG version there will be major fix where targeting is token-to-token based and thus will support it Stay tuned when FG v3.0 comes and ruleset is updated to support that feature.
    Thank you. Appreciate the quick reply. One last question. I'm having trouble filling the inventory of my NPCs. I figured that I'd be able to drag and drop from the items that I've created, but it's not working. The PCs are working perfectly but the NPC ones not.
    Last edited by PyroHiroshi; September 12th, 2013 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroHiroshi View Post
    Thank you. Appreciate the quick reply. One last question. I'm having trouble filling the inventory of my NPCs. I figured that I'd be able to drag and drop from the items that I've created, but it's not working. The PCs are working perfectly but the NPC ones not.
    NPCs doesn't support drag-and-droppable inventory. You will need to write NPCs inventory manually. There is one trick you could do however: Create your NPC as PC first and convert it into NPC. So basically when you want to create NPC, don't do it in NPC sheet, create new player character, fill all the information, drag-and-drop skills, weapons, edges, inventory etc. Then when you're ready DRAG-AND-DROP that created PC into NPC-list and it will convert it as NPC sheet. Try it out!
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

ooh nice tip!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Okay that's fine but I've already created a ton of NPCs. And I quite literally can't modify their inventories. I can't type anything in. When I right-click I only get the options; Minimise, close and share.

I'm solving this by dragging them to PC an back to NPC now. But it's still a bug..

Thanks.

PS. You didn't mean that I should modify the db.xml file when you said manually though right?
    Last edited by PyroHiroshi; September 12th, 2013 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroHiroshi View Post
    Okay that's fine but I've already created a ton of NPCs. And I quite literally can't modify their inventories. I can't type anything in. When I right-click I only get the options; Minimise, close and share.
    Left click just below "Gear".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a place where we can see what we could expect from FG 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Is there a place where we can see what we could expect from FG 3.0?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-0-%28alpha%29
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information