STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Progress Report: Talents Tab Complete

For those waiting for the new ruleset, here is your progress report for this week.

I finished the talents tab (which also includes abilities, cybernetics, and traits. The previous ruleset had all talents listed with checkboxes but did not seem to save selections. The one I am providing does not list all available talents with checkboxes. Instead, I took the route that a character will have very few talents and it was more important to give the ability to have linkable talents to a reference library.

I probably would have had a lot more completed but I ended up spending most of the week modifying my rules library to accommodate the cybernetics and inventory. Before all armory items was in a table. In the modified version, each item has an individual record that can be linked to.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass View Post
    Does anyone here have a library for Dark Heresy? I'd love to GM a game for it.
    Thanks in advance for your replies
    I have a library. You can send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you. Keep in mind though that I created it for my ruleset (which will be named WH40KDarkHeresy, rather than the existing ruleset called DarkHeresy) so there will be some slight re-tooling for it to work correctly for the old ruleset.

Progress Report: Weapons Tab Complete + Main Tab ReTool

Good evening,

For those that are following the progress of this ruleset, you have no doubt noticed that I try to give progress reports once a week. I want those who are waiting to not give up hope that I will finish (and then share).

For this week, I have completed a tab completely dedicated to weapons. It not only displays the weapons, but has the ability to link to a reference. It also allows for dragging of a weapon from the library I created to the weapon list. Finally, it provides an ammo counter for each weapon.

In addition to this tab, I have re-tooled the main tab. I was able to put all attributes in one straight line by abbreviating the labels (i.e., S for Strength, T for Toughness, Ag for Agility, etc.). In order to provide maximum user friendliness, a tool tip is provided to display the whole label when you hover over the abbreviation. I also added more description info (build, eye color, etc.) on the main tab. Finally, I re-tooled the main tab and the skills tab to allow for rolling of the attributes and skills by double clicking and dragging from the number field. A message in the chat box shows not only the roll result, but what the score needed for success should be.

Finally, I also changed the main tab to have both a portrait and a token and created a custom die for d5 die rolls.

Please see the attached images.

Until next time,

Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; September 23rd, 2013 at 02:55.

Progress Report: Gear Tab Completed

I know I said I would do weekly updates but I had to travel for work the last couple of weeks. As a result, I didn't finish as much as I wanted. I did complete the tab that keeps track of gear (and wealth). I am pretty close to finishing the Psychic Powers tab but I figured that if I didn't post some sort of update, some of you who may be waiting may think I gave up :-)

So, until next time, enjoy the preview. I estimate that I within a couple of weeks of finishing the character sheet part of the ruleset. I don't think the rest of the ruleset needs much change (if any) so I suspect that I will be able the share the final version of the ruleset within 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; October 7th, 2013 at 05:48.

Excellent progress. The set looks great, can't wait to try it.

Progress Report: Psychic Powers and XP Spent Tabs Complete

Great news! I have pretty much finished the character sheet. I just have a few things left to do, mainly centered on testing the ruleset and adding a quick reference for certain actions (i.e., common actions and what type half/full action) like the current Dark Heresy character sheet has. I hope to be complete with the ruleset by the end of this weekend.

Here is what is contained in the Psychic Powers and XP Spent tabs.

Psychic Powers:
    • Draggable powers
    • Insanities, corruption, and mutations
    • Dragging or double-clicking the psy rating rolls a psychic power roll

XP Spent:
    • Xp spending tracking
    • Player notes
    • Gm notes

On a side-note, once I have finished with the ruleset, I will be starting my Dark Heresy campaign. I already have 3 players but I can always use 1-2 more. Game is every other Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm pacific time. Please send me a private message if you are interested in joining the game.
    Last edited by sciencephile; October 11th, 2013 at 07:52.

Looks great!

So good in fact, that you might need to run a demo of this at FG Con 3!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Progress Report: Adventure Personalities Finished

This weekend I focused on the "Personalities" aspect of the game (since I had finished with the character sheet). I just have the "Items" aspect and then a few small clean-up items and I will be finished with the ruleset.

Please see the attached to see what the Personalities GM character sheets look like. This is much more in depth than the previous Dark Heresy ruleset and support reference links to the a Dark Heresy library file.

The next progress report will be to report that the ruleset is completed and uploaded on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Looks great!

So good in fact, that you might need to run a demo of this at FG Con 3!
    We'll see if I can put something together and have time to run a game. I have been focusing on using my free time to get the ruleset created so I can share it with others. Hopefully I will have time to cook up something. If not, then at least I created something for the rest of the folks :-)

Thread Information