FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Callum,

My thoughts right now.
    * If default scaling and grid set and token dropped from CT, then set map-to-token global scale.
    * If scaling set and grid set and token dropped from CT, then set individual token scale.

My main concern for this is user interface, and trying to do the "right thing" automatically in a non-confusing way.
    * How do I "notify" the user that the scaling has been set? Is notification necessary?
    * What happens if the scaling is set when the GM doesn't want it scaled? Is this issue worth the trade-off?
    * Should there be a default scale for images? Seems unlikely, since every map often has a different pixel to distance ratio; and it varies from campaign to campaign.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    Also, I have been thinking of ways to perhaps automatically perform token scaling when tokens from the combat tracker are added to a map with a grid. (i.e. we have a token size, a grid size and a ruleset specified creature size; so use them.)
    It's possible to define a grid size? In meter or feet I mean. Or an npc unit size for that matter…

I've missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It's possible to define a grid size? In meter or feet I mean. Or an npc unit size for that matter…

I've missed that.
    Depends on the ruleset. You can create an extension to change it.

Ok. Which means one size for all maps in a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Ok. Which means one size for all maps in a campaign.
    A ruleset generally has a game size/distance for the grid that is put on a map. e.g. 5 feet per square. There is no fixed number of pixels per square for the whole FG campaign - the grid needs to be manually added to each map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, I was asking for the real life distance of each grid case.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    My main concern for this is user interface, and trying to do the "right thing" automatically in a non-confusing way.
    * How do I "notify" the user that the scaling has been set? Is notification necessary?
    * What happens if the scaling is set when the GM doesn't want it scaled? Is this issue worth the trade-off?
    * Should there be a default scale for images? Seems unlikely, since every map often has a different pixel to distance ratio; and it varies from campaign to campaign.
    Yes for the love of all that is good we would need a notification if the program changed the size of something automatically. I would panic if my tokens stopped displaying the way they are supposed to, and didn't get a notification.

Is it worth the trade off? The issue becomes even more complicated once you figure in hex maps, I would assume.

Should there be a default scale for images? as long as it can be changed within the program when needed, I think a default size would be awesome. It would be just the incentive needed for the community to start moving towards a universal token size.

Thread Information