Starfinder Playlist
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Grounds with a graphics tablet?

Hi!

Is anybody here using a graphics tablet to draw on player handouts?

I was wondering whether that works: Make up an empty map (with grid) and then draw on it, just as you'd do on a Chessex Map on your home gaming table.

Drawing with the mouse usually is very uncomfortable and since I have been contemplating buying a Wacom tablet for other uses, I was wondering whether this would work well in conjuction with FG 2 as well.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I'd love to here your thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Good question... I've been considering picking up an el-cheapo tablet to do exactly this. Was wondering how that would work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I have tested with wacom intuos 2 through 5 and cintiq 24 HD touch.
    FG2 v2.9.4 (as well as previous versions) worked flawless. It does read pressure for line thickness, though I would love to eventually see great line width range but as it is I love it.
    I have my pen mapped toh lower click call right click and the upper + hold is = to ctl+click

Haven't gone that far but I only have a Bamboo for tablet use and it can get kinda sticky on doing small work. Pressure sensitive does work and its great for having to make them on the fly.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Mgrancey, not tried the bamboo but I have noticed that in the control pannel "pen and input devices" or "pen and touch" if you disable flicks you gain massive performance after rebooting. Note that some people have wacom virtual HD in their "human devices" this too should be disabled and you will gain smoother and faster performance.

Hmmm. I'll have to try that. Thanks
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I've got the old XP-Pen Star 03 graphic tablet and use it often in FantasyGrounds. In fact, I bought it because of getting Fantasy Grounds. The pressure varies opacity, not thickness, and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. It works well. Having said that I find the quality of my pre-drawn maps have increased too with the tablet, so it's definitely a worthwhile purchase for a FG GM.

I am using iPad Pro via DuetDisplay and it works well, with the big drawback that I have to move the program there... Not convenient but I don't have graphic tablet so it is the next best thing
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information