DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wow Pretty Dead Around Here

I'm an old CoH/V vet who was disappointed with Champions pretty much from the start. Since then I've been looking to get that magic back but DCUO was another disappointment and a MMO version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance strikes me as garbage. I realize that this system is flawed but since the HERO system seems to not be supported yet I'm definitely interested in giving this a shot if there is any real interest.

Hello and welcome!

Yes, the M&M boards are fairly dead, there doesn't seem to be a lot of M&M players around. I didn't purchase FGII until it was announced that they were putting out the M&M ruleset. Unfortunately, it didn't catch on well.

It is a shame too because the template is quite nice. Yes, there are some issues but all-in-all it isn't bad. If I had the time to really learn LUA and the game system ruleset formats I'd love to enhance the existing template since the original author seems to have lost interest.

How long have you played M&M, and what edition is your favorite?

I am and old CoH/V player as well, I started in beta and was there through to the end. I share your opinions of Champions, DCUO and the new Infinite Crisis. I've also played every edition of the Hero system since Champions 1st ed thru 5th ed Revised. I don't like the changes to 6th ed so I haven't played it yet.
    Last edited by DrakosDJ; August 17th, 2013 at 05:23.

I have been looking to try this system out, but I only have a limited availability that pretty much knocks me out of any sort of games that occur. I own the rule set and it does indeed look pretty. I just wish I had time..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I run in a group that's almost overstuffed every other weekend. I guess the FGII forums are an ideal place to look, but you can always try to hook people into trying FGII on say, rpg.net or even the M&M forums.

The system was pretty much DOA. It came out in a stealth like fashion with almost no support or follow through. It's a shame because it was a good starting point and could have done a lot better then it did. I'm still looking to play but I am not aware of a game that made it off the ground here. We had someone who was waiting for emerald city to come out but that is years late so I am not sure if the GM is still around or not.

I've been in one game here that only got in one game session in.

I've not played/seen the rules for this but would be interested in giveing it a go.

I played Champions many years ago and found it moved too slow.

I've played every version of Champions from 1st edition through 5th. I didn't like the changes the DOJ did for 6th edition. Although I have many of 6th Ed books I prefer to play 5th revised instead.

Looking for Players

Well, if there is anyone around who wants to play a 70s era game. I'm interested in running one. Hit me up!

I'm generally always interested in an M&M game. What schedule you thinking about?

Thread Information