STAR TREK 2d20

Button fix for story links

I finally broke down and decided to teach myself how to do an extension in FGII.

I got into the habit of creating an adventure index when I make an adventure module, but in the SW ruleset, a long list of links behaved odd and the active click location deviated away from the location of the button image. (I posted about this in a previous thread a while back https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...saligned+links)

The attached image shows the before and after examples of what changing the buttons looks like. The red circle on the before picture shows where you need to click to open the last link on the list.
    Attachment 4536

What it fixes

Small buttons cause the lines with links to jam together and FGII seems to base the active click area on an assumed minimum line height. By using larger buttons, the lines space out more and the active click area does not drift out of alignment.

I never had a problem with misaligned links in the 4E ruleset, so I took a look at the buttons there, they were 20x20 pixels. In the SW ruleset, they were 16x16 for the empty link and 13x13 for the active link. I noticed that when I edit a story entry, adding a link caused the lines to squish together, so I tried replacing the link buttons with 20x20 buttons formed by padding the existing buttons with an alpha border. And it worked!

The usual caveats: this may conflict if you are using an extension that also changes the same buttons (Themes are the most likely to interfere). I haven't done extensive testing, but I don't think there should be any real problems, it is just a simple image replace. Let me know if you have problems and/or like the fix.
    Attachment 4537

Nice one - sorry, think I'd written this off as an FG core bug in my mind (and even closed a bug report on the wishlist recently, probably yours !) - will try and integrate this fix into the core ruleset when I can.

Until then, the extension linked above should keep people in good shape !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Also, I believe this is addressed in the v3.0 alpha in testing right now.

JPG

There were other button icons in SW 1 ruleset that looked like bullet holes, when these were used the problem did not occur, I suspect they were 20x20 (and I preferred them), but I no longer have the old ruleset to get the graphic back.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information