DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Problem with damage dices.

I'm new to FG2 and I'm having problem with my characters and NPC:s.

I can't enable any damage dice their are locked, (unselecteble) and I don't know what to do.

Do I need a ruleset, a catalog of weapons or anything like it?

Would be greatful for any help.

I think you are asking about two different things.

For character and NPC powers, you can add a power to a character sheet by right-clicking on the powers list area and selecting the "Create Item" option. From there, you can click the magnifying glass button on the right side of the power record to view all the power fields. Enter the information from the power description exactly as it is typed in the rulebooks. From there, you can either hover over attack rolls, damage rolls and effects to execute them. For characters, you can also right-click and select the Reset Power Abilities option which will parse the power description and create individual rolls. Power ability rolls can also be added/removed manually using the right-click menu.

For catalogs of information, that is what we call modules for Fantasy Grounds. Unfortunately, Wizards of the Coast has not made any of their 4E data available as public domain, or available to license as a third party. Therefore, we can not legally provide any modules for 4E D&D. However, there is a parser tool written by one of our community members which allows you to pull data from the D&D online compendium via a D&D Insider subscription, and package that information into FG-compatible modules. Try searching for "parser".

If you drag and drop powers from modules created by the parser to the character or NPC power list, then the power will automatically be added to the power list with all the fields filled out, and any ability rolls parsed (for characters only).

Also, you can import characters from the D&D Insider character creator using the Character Converter utility provided in the FG start menu group. In this case, all the character powers will also be added/parsed automatically.

Regards,
    JPG

Using the parser / importing characters is liking jumping into the deep end of a pool. If you can swim already, then it is a very powerful tool, and for sure the way to go. But if you cannot swim, you might find yourself drowning. If you have not done so already, then watch the folowing videos. The links are in the download section of the web site.

Creating a new character (4E example)
    How to manually add a spell or power to your character (4E)

Once you have mastered this step of typing in a character manually and have the dice working, then move on to the parser.

K.

Thread Information