DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Suzerain characters in FGII

Okay, so I just bought the Suzerain items and re-made my character in the Suzerain character sheet instead of the specific DL:R one. In table-top playing, the character sheet format doesn't really matter; however, for FGII, the rolls, saves, etc. are pretty tied to specific rulesets.

How does one play a Suzerain character in Deadlands: Reloaded, Sundered Skies, etc. in FGII? Anybody try this out yet?

It should, broadly speaking, work. Any things you have like "Grit" from DL:R, would still be there, just hidden in other extensions. Weapons / Powers might get a bit funny, if other editions added in arcane types (e.g. Huckster) or special weapon types (no solid example of this).

But 95% of the character sheet should migrate from one ruleset to another - you just chance the campaign extension as the GM, or export and import the characters between campaigns if you'd rather do that.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks for the reply, Ben. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. My wife & I ported our existing characters to the Suzerain setting and will now attempt to use it as a meta-setting.

I'm not sure if I will import the characters into the DL:R setting, or, alternatively, open the DL:R module within the Suzerain setting. Guess I can try both and use whatever option works the best .

There was a design decision made in Deadlands: Reloaded to have the Critters / NPCs stored in one place, and the humans stored in another.

This means if you open a Deadlands adventure module in a non-Deadlands extension (or just the basic ruleset) you will NOT see the "humans", just the "critters".

In the upcoming release (due in a matter of days now), I've made a lot of small changes to the underlying data structures - I REALLY hope I've got this right, as it should unify a few annoyances in the XML data that stores all your campaign / module information.

If this works really well, then I might look at improving the Deadlands adventure data structures to they open OK in other extensions (albeit without "grit" or anything Deadlands-specific) - but that is a larger (and scarier) data migration effort, so I'll see how much pain the 3.4 changes cause me (I still need to go through and migrate and re-release EVERY Savage Worlds product post-release - Doug / John are going to be quite sick of me in a few months time...)

Ben (-PW-)
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Holy Guacamole, Batman! That sounds like quite an undertaking. If this is what you do for "fun" I'd sure hate to see your full-time job :P.

I'm excited about the 3.4 release; there are a couple of Savage Worlds products waiting in the wings for this that I'll definitely purchase: Hell on Earth Reloaded & Deadlans: Noir.

The best route, for now, seems to be to import our Suzerain characters into the DL:R campaign...

Thread Information