DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FG Con 2 - Statistics and Thanks!

Well, the second FG Con is over and I'm beginning to recover... A few statistics:
    • Over 80 people registered on the FG-Con.com site.
    • 21 events ran - 24 events were posted but 3 withdrawn due to lack of sign-ups.
    • Over 9000 individual page views on the website.

Activity on the website (views on each day):

The first "peak" on May 12th is when we went live, the one on May 20th is when Doug sent out a Fantasy Grounds newsletter, and the big peak is the first day of the con.

Now the thanks...
    • First and foremost I have to thank damned - he did the vast majority of the work for the website, organised hosting and put up (most of the time) with our requests for things to be changed or more functionality - usually at the last minute. THANK YOU Damian! It wouldn't have happened without you. As a reward, I won't pester you for a month and then I'll be bugging you for changes for the next con!
    • Dakadin - for enabling the expanded capacity of the community teamspeak server and for keeping this very useful community asset going!
    • The rest of the convention team (in no particular order): Blackfoot, wbcreighton, phantomwhale, skellan, lachancery, damned and others that have helped out over the last few months.
    • Another thanks goes to the whole team, again especially damned, for keeping the ball rolling when I went on vacation to darkest Africa 1 month before the convention.
    • wbcreighton and Blackfoot for again doing their very useful event time matrix.
    • Shockbolt for providing artwork for the site and banners.
    • Smiteworks - Doug and JPG for sending out the FG-Con newsletter, posting on various sites and for providing the full-to-ultimate upgrade for the week of the con (awesome).
    • Anyone who mentioned the con on any external website/forum/webpage out there.
    • All the GMs for running games - I had a blast playing my usual convention system of Savage Worlds (phantomwhale's Deadlands: Noir – Red Harvest), getting to play the prequel to a C&C campaign I played with damned 2 years ago, and returning to one of my favourite gaming worlds: Middle Earth with Valarian's The One Ring – A Shout in the Dark.
    • All the players for making it another successful FG Con.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Awesome work and thanks for filling me in on all the details of who did what. Thanks guys. You rock!

The biggest thanks, and I think I speak for everyone here, goes to you Trenloe. Without you as a driving force behind it, the FGcon would not have gone ahead. I had a blast.

Thank you Martin!!!

Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I am glad everyone had a good time, NOW next year (or later this year ), please do not put it on the weekend of my Wife's birthday and the weekend after I had been away at a con!

Then I can run some games, I am sure somebody hasn't played my Scooby Doo game yet!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Can you kindly ask your wife not to have her birthday on the weekend of the con? We missed you savage Savage savageness this time round.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Blog Entries
    i see no reason why we couldnt or shouldnt run the event twice a year.
    why dont we start proposing some dates for October/November?

Aethercon's next event is on Nov 15-17. I think we should avoid that weekend most definitely. Perhaps we should try to get some space in between the two and aim for October? In October my vote would be for: 4/5/6 October or week after.

For next year my vote would be for June 6/7/8 2014.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Can you kindly ask your wife not to have her birthday on the weekend of the con? We missed you savage Savage savageness this time round.
    No, no, no. Ticking off spouses of our fellow gamers has led to the end of many gaming groups.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    No, no, no. Ticking off spouses of our fellow gamers has led to the end of many gaming groups.
    ... and then don't remind me that Gen Con is always on our anniversary and my birthday. To add to that, it has a high likelihood to also be on our daughters birth day this year. The best four days in gaming might need to be renamed to "the best four days of gaming which leads directly to 4 weeks of dog-house duty" for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    In October my vote would be for: 4/5/6 October or week after.
    Probably won't go for 4/5/6 and that is a long weekend in NSW, QLD and SA - Labour Day. Would you be allowed to game on a long weekend?!?

It's always a bit of a juggling act trying to select a weekend for a global convention.

Then we have Monday October 14th being Columbus Day in the US.

I was thinking of something the beginning of November actually, to give us 5 months rather than 4 to modify the booking site, prepare, call for GMs, call for players, etc.. The time soon passes.

Any preferences in November? In the US the Monday 11th is Veterans Day and Thursday 28th is Thanksgiving. In Australia Victoria has the Tuesday 5th off for a bit of a horse race - people in VIC (phantomwhale, etc.) may make that a long weekend...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd avoid the IndieCon weekend in the UK, whenever that is.
    Ah ... 7th - 10th November 2013
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information