FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Convention details

Hello everyone,

Sorry we've been quiet for a while on this - we didn't manage to get the con website up to the standard that we wished so we are not going to use it for managing the convention - we're going to use the standard Fantasy Grounds game calendar (with a couple of modifications made for the convention only).

High level details of the convetion, with links to more information and individual discussion threads:
    1. Dates: Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July.
    2. Times(1): anytime from Friday evening New Zealand Time to Sunday evening Hawaii time - so we have a global Friday evening to Friday night convention.
    3. Times(2) - what does Times(1) actually mean??? 3am Eastern Friday July 20 to 6am Eastern Monday July 23 - just over 72 hours. 24 hour gaming!!!
    4. Location: virtual! GMs will host games from anywhere in the world using the Fantasy Grounds II virtual tabletop (VTT) software - Version 2.9.
    5. Cost: Free to play. Although, if the GM has a full Fantasy Grounds license the player will need to purchase a lite license which will allow you to play in all Fantasy Grounds games both during the convention and afterwards. If the GM has an Ultimate license then players don't need to purchase anything - just install the unregistered client (available under the "Downloads" link).
    6. Games covered - anything at all! It's up to the individual GM what they run.
    7. Communication method - voice or text. We ask everyone to use Teamspeak for any voice communications - a commercially hosted Teamspeak server has been made available for the convention: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d.php?p=127693. We know that GMs have their own personal favourite voice software, but we ask them to use the Teamspeak server during the convention so that everyone only needs to download and setup one voice client, people can congregate in the gaming lobby, and initial game kickoff can go quickly.
    8. Language - whatever the GM wants to run their game in! GMs - please make it especially clear if you are not running the game in English, players please double check the language of the game you will be joining.
    9. I'm a GM and I want to run game, how do I sign up/advertise my game? Post the game in the Fantasy Grounds Gamecalendar - more details in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16808
    10. I'm a player how do I find and join games? Look at the game calendar - all games for the convention have _FGCon_2012 at the beginning of their title. Make sure you check the game time! More details in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16811
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 11th, 2012 at 19:32.

Getting the message out!

If you think there is anyone interested in joining the convention, or you frequent other forums, please post a link to this thread there... Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I've stickied the message.

I'm a bit confused. If I've got this right, FGcon is basically just a big call to GMs and players to get a bunch of one-shots going?

Isn't that pretty much any Con?
    I'll cast magic missle at the darkness!

Blog Entries
    the aim is to try and attract some new players to FG and to let players join a game/genre/ruleset that they wouldnt normally play - just like a normal con...

Not just that, depending on the systems and such; Conventions are usually when big events go off or for tournaments and at two local-ish conventions (same group one in spring one in fall) there are a couple people who get together to play stuff they usually don't, like AD&D all weekend.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey
    Not just that, depending on the systems and such; Conventions are usually when big events go off or for tournaments and at two local-ish conventions (same group one in spring one in fall) there are a couple people who get together to play stuff they usually don't, like AD&D all weekend.
    The idea was basically floated around a few months ago that it would be cool to try and get lots of games going over a weekend - for FG vets to try new stuff and also to try to get newbies playing on Fantasy Grounds. So, the main push is for a bunch of one-shots to be played over the period.

If a bunch of people want to play AD&D (or anything else for that matter) all weekend that's cool too - although it's hard to poke people with a virtual stick to keep them awake! Mind you, there's nothing stopping you doing marathon sessions with Fantasy Grounds now (con or no con).

Teamspeak 3 server available

The voice server for the con is now up and running, details here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d.php?p=127693
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Facebook page - UP!

https://www.facebook.com/Fg2Con

Like it, share it, post about it...

(Thanks to madman for putting this together)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information