STAR TREK 2d20

Can I add tokens to the Monsters in the Library?

I thought I remember being able to add a token to the monsters in the Monster Manuals in my Library so from that point on, if I added that particular monster to another module, it would always have the token associated with it. Am I mistaken? When I try and drag a token to it, it says "Unable to migrate read-only NPC: monster name"

I tried making the modules folder be not read only and the token folder but no luck. I don't know if it matters but I changed the install path for the application data folder to the same directory I installed Fantasy Grounds to on my E drive.

** Actually, I noticed it says that Unable to migrate message not when I just try to put a token on it, but when i open the monster.
    Last edited by crazz2323; May 26th, 2013 at 04:00.

You'll need to put the token manually in the module and make a reference to the token in the creature XML - with the <token> tag.

Or, create a new module by doing the following:
    1. Start a new, blank campaign.
    2. Drag all of the NPCs you want to have tokens from the NPC library into the NPC list within the campaign.
    3. Open each NPC in turn, unlock them and drag the relevant token to the NPC token icon.
    4. Do this for all NPCs in the campaign that you wish to add tokens to.
    5. Use the /export command to make a new module.

If the token you drag to the NPC entry in step #3 is a token in your \tokens directory the token image file will be included in the module in the module \tokens folder, if the token is dragged from a module (such as the new monster token module) then just the reference to that module will be included.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I don't know why I thought I remembered being able to add them directly into the Monster Manuals in the library but oh well. So as long as I add the tokens to the NPC's in the module and put the tokens into the box of tokens to export when I export the module, everything should follow over.

Quote Originally Posted by crazz2323
    So as long as I add the tokens to the NPC's in the module and put the tokens into the box of tokens to export when I export the module, everything should follow over.
    In the testing I did I didn't have to add the tokens into the export window for them to be added to the module. I know an old Xorn video shows this having to be done, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. See how it goes for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information