DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for Players

Hi, I am starting a new campaign and I am looking for some players. I have one so far. I am looking for a total of 4-5. I would prefer 5. The campaign will be based on the Forgotten realms with some new twists, and some rewritten history. The campaign will begin at level one. I need players who are willing to play via phone and use FGII as the table top. You can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested or have questions.
    Last edited by Gooch72; May 25th, 2013 at 05:33.

Might be good to let people know what time zone you are in or when the sessions will be and how frequent.

Also, just curious but... By phone? Why not Skype, ventrilo, teamspeak, mumble, etc...
    FG2 Ultimate License Holder

Dark Sun #1 Campaign Setting of All Time!

2nd Edition D&D Player and DM since 1994, now running a 4e Dark Sun campaign using FG2

Thanks for the insight.

I am located in the Central Time Zone. The game will be weekly on Sunday at 11am CST.

The phone does not lag. Plus with a phone number,(provided it is a cell phone(not required)) I can text schedule changes or any other relevent info without worrying if the player will check his email before the session.
    Last edited by Gooch72; May 25th, 2013 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch72
    The phone does not lag. Plus with a phone number,(provided it is a cell phone(not required)) I can text schedule changes or any other relevent info without worrying if the player will check his email before the session.
    Just as an FYI, I think you may struggle keeping a campaign together running over an actual phone.

Many of the games played on Fantasy Grounds use the community (free) Teamspeak server - more info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17071

I play regular games with this - I can attest that there is no lag using Teamspeak and there are other advantages in using this: private channels where the GM can speak to a single player, everyone can see who is talking at any point in time (this can be handy), there is text chat available to transfer links etc. to the players, it's free and other useful functionality.

As usual, it's entirely up to the GM and players how they run their game - what works for some may not work for others... I just thought I'd let you know the options available and what a large portion of the community use for their voice communications.

Welcome to VTT gaming on Fantasy Grounds! :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for your input. I am familiar with team speak. I even have my own TS server. I will use this if it becomes necessary. I prefer the phone because the quality overall, is much better. And it allows you to walk away from the PC without being out of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Just as an FYI, I think you may struggle keeping a campaign together running over an actual phone.

Many of the games played on Fantasy Grounds use the community (free) Teamspeak server - more info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17071

I play regular games with this - I can attest that there is no lag using Teamspeak and there are other advantages in using this: private channels where the GM can speak to a single player, everyone can see who is talking at any point in time (this can be handy), there is text chat available to transfer links etc. to the players, it's free and other useful functionality.

As usual, it's entirely up to the GM and players how they run their game - what works for some may not work for others... I just thought I'd let you know the options available and what a large portion of the community use for their voice communications.

Welcome to VTT gaming on Fantasy Grounds! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch72
    Thanks for your input. I am familiar with team speak. I even have my own TS server. I will use this if it becomes necessary. I prefer the phone because the quality overall, is much better. And it allows you to walk away from the PC without being out of contact.
    Cool. Hope you get a good bunch of players together.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. Looks like we are going with team speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Cool. Hope you get a good bunch of players together.

Looking for a couple of players. email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
    Last edited by Gooch72; June 25th, 2013 at 02:28.

Thread Information