DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sakmerlin37
    I'm not able to see any of them, yet. In my new <AdventureDeckConfig/scripts/adventuredeckconfig.lua> should I delete all the other card entries except for the ones I put in there?
    Only delete the items you don't want to have available to you.

In my PREFS section I can see the number of cards I added to the Adventure Deck; it gives me an option to include or exclude them; however, when I check the include box, I do not see any cards. Trying to track down my problem today... hopefully it's like one line I forgot to type.
    Have you done everything described on page 12 of the document?

Created the images and saved them in the extension?
    Registered the images in graphics.xml - again, all within the extension? The paths to the graphics files themselves are relative to the extension root directory.
    Made sure the cardname used in the configuration file matches the that used in graphics.xml?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's weird, I can deal the cards I created and see them when I do; however, I cannot see them as a module nor can I see them in the list in the library.

@Trenloe

Yeah, I did the graphics.xml file within the newly created <AdventureDeckConfig> folder. And every card name matches across the board. Just got through checking them.

EDIT: I receive an error message within FGII:

"Could not open sheet data from unloaded module 'Suzerain Adventure Deck' "

I looked at the mods section but it was not available for me to load/unload, and thus, isn't showing in the library.
    Last edited by sakmerlin37; July 13th, 2013 at 23:21.

In my <SuzerainAdventureDeck.mod> file, I have:

• <images> folder, holds all images defined in files below
    • client.xml
    • common.xml (exact copy of client.xml>
    • definition.xml
    • thumbnail.png

My images are named: <aggressivetelesma.jpg> and similar (all lowercase letters) and image size is 465x650.

My client/common.xml files were copied verbatim from the instructions and the adventure deck mod (with changes to my own names, name of card set, etc.).

The definition.xml is fairly straightforward.

Not sure why the module isn't loading

I can get the extension part of it to work; the images can be dragged from the tool/Adventure Deck to the chat window or to a character, no problem; however, when trying to load the full-size images from the module, I receive the above error.
    Last edited by sakmerlin37; July 13th, 2013 at 23:38.

Please post definition.xml from your SuzerainAdventureDeck.mod file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One card is refusing to show when being dealt

Here's its entry in <adventuredeckconfig.lua>:
    Code:
    ["luckyshot"] = { name = "Lucky Shot", effect = "Play this card and spend one Karma after making a successful attack roll to automatically Incapacitate the target.", image = "refimage.cards.luckyshot@Suzerain Adventure Deck" },
    in <graphics.xml>:
    Code:
    <icon name="luckyshot" file ="graphics/cards/luckyshot.jpg" />
    <icon name="luckyshot-drag" file="graphics/cards/luckyshot_drag.jpg" />
    Not sure why this one card out of 63 is not showing; everything else is working fine.

Oh, the name of the files in <graphics/cards/> directory:
    Code:
    graphics/cards/luckyshot.jpg
    graphics/cards/luckyshot_drag.jpg

Also - double check that you have not zipped up the directory to create your mod file - that is, do not select just the directory name where all the module files are when when you zip. Go into the directory, select all the files (CTRL-A) and then zip the files up within the directory, then rename the .zip to .mod. If you zip just the directory you will end up with a directory within the .zip and FG will not recognise this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Please post definition.xml from your SuzerainAdventureDeck.mod file.
    Thank you Trenloe, here it is:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    	<name>Suzerain Adventure Deck</name>
    	<author>Savage Mojo</author>
    	<ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset>
    </root>

<icon name="luckyshot" file ="graphics/cards/luckyshot.jpg" />
    Is that space between file and = causing the issue?

Thank you Trenloe, here it is:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    	<name>Suzerain Adventure Deck</name>
    	<author>Savage Mojo</author>
    	<ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset>
    </root>
    That looks fine - see my post above (#17) about how to zip the module, that is the only other thing I could think it is.

Another way to check is within Fantasy Grounds type /console in the chat window. This will bring up the console window that reports errors. Leave it open and then type /reload in the chat window. If FG is having a problem with the module file it may indicate this in the console window.

Thread Information