DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Customize Adventure Deck

Is there any way to Add , remove, or modify Adventure cards for specific themes or campaigns?

Refer to the "Extending the Adventure Deck" section of the adventure deck documentation: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...umentation.pdf
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe

Thanks for the point in the right direction. I'm looking forward to adding the Suzerain cards to my game .

EDIT: edited it for thanks

Okay, I'm a little confused on how the Adventure Deck is set up.

I am going to make a specific Adventure Deck: Suzerain module since it has a full set of cards all its own.

In my module, I will create:

• <images> folder
    • client.xml
    • common.xml
    • definition.xml

So far so good, I hope; however, in looking in the <images> folder, they are full-size images at 465x650p, with no <image_name>_drag.jpg to accompany them.

When I look in the extension, the <image_name>.jpg and <image_name>_drag.jpg both exist; however, the full-size versions do not.

How do I call the full-size images from the new module I created?

Quote Originally Posted by sakmerlin37
    How do I call the full-size images from the new module I created?
    See page 10 of the Adventure Deck Documentation.

Note the first card definition for "QuickFuneral". This has an image entry of "refimage.cards.quickfuneral@Adventure Deck" - this is referring to the <refimage><cards><quickfunderal> entry in the "Adventure Deck" module.

Wherever you see an @ sign this will usually be referring to the name of a module, the entries before the @ sign refer to the location of the data within the module XML. This is covered on page 16 of the document.

EDIT: Also make sure you are using the "Adventure Deck Configuration" extension discussed on the previous page to create your custom adventure deck.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 12th, 2013 at 23:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe for covering the questions - better answer than I might have given (seriously, I've forgotten all of this stuff...). Had hoped the documentation would be a good guide - shame it's also so hard to find sometimes !

It's not simple to create an extension, that much is acknowledged, but I'm pleased it was at least possible, as it struck me that the deck really HAD to be customize-able to be a good offering.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

The documentation for the adventure deck is some of the best I have seen for FG.

Adding cards just covers a lot of FG concepts that could be overwhelming (extensions, modules, links to modules, graphic references, XML references, LUA data, etc.). It really is a case of starting on page 9 and slowly stepping through it all - one step at a time. There aren't any short-cuts to doing this!

Thanks, Trenloe.

Do I re-zip the created folder <AdventureDeckConfig> within the original adventure deck file? Or, do I leave it as is?

Quote Originally Posted by sakmerlin37
    Do I re-zip the created folder <AdventureDeckConfig> within the original adventure deck file? Or, do I leave it as is?
    It is an additional extension that overwrites the original - so you can turn on or off your customisations and still have the original adventure deck if desired. As such it is separate to the original adventure deck file.

As such you can leave it as is (the directory in \extensions) or you can zip the directory up (from within the directory itself) and make this an actual .ext file (and remove the directory so it doesn't clash with the extension). If you don't plan to distribute the extension to anyone then there is no need to create the .ext file, leaving it as a directory is fine, and easier for you to tinker with.

@Trenloe & Ben,

Aye, the documentation is great . Thank you for taking the time to put it out there.

I've finished typing everything into the separate files, and I have to say that it was quite a chore for 63 cards!

I'm not able to see any of them, yet. In my new <AdventureDeckConfig/scripts/adventuredeckconfig.lua> should I delete all the other card entries except for the ones I put in there?

In my PREFS section I can see the number of cards I added to the Adventure Deck; it gives me an option to include or exclude them; however, when I check the include box, I do not see any cards. Trying to track down my problem today... hopefully it's like one line I forgot to type.

Thread Information