DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What do the buttons in the modifiers window do?

Hopefully someone can guide me here. What do the buttons in the modifiers window do? The modifiers are blank in the window to the right and i can click buttons such as Combat Adv. or Cover, on or off... not sure how to work that.

Do I click one of the buttons and then put in what the modifier is in the text and it links it to that button? So for example, I depress the Combat Adv. button then click to the right and put in +2 Bonus to Attack Rolls (not sure how to word that so FG would understand it) then from now on when i click the button a +2 would be applied to the roll perhaps?

The buttons auto apply the relevant modifiers when an attack or damage roll is made - you do not see anything in the list to the right for these buttons. Try it out - press one or more of the attack buttons and make an attack roll.

The list to the right allows custom modifiers to be entered that can then be added to the modifier box (bottom left below the chat window) for the next roll - either double-click on the modifier or drag it to the modifier box. These custom modifiers are saved in the campaign where they are created.

You can have one or more buttons pressed and one or more modifiers in the modifier box. It is a way of building up standard modifiers (the buttons) or less common modifiers (the custom list) into one big group of modifiers for the next roll.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

More info on the modifier stack in the 4e user's guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...ifierstack.xcp

There are a number of sub-headings to the "Modifier Stack" heading on the left side that cover how to use this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK thanks. That was my problem. I was just clicking the button and rolling and not seeing any modifier applied; had to do it i combat.

Thread Information