DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    I think you'd better reserve judgement until you've given the system a good go...

There are a number of things we are still trying to find good solutions to that we really need, so it is definitely not a well polished system at the moment.
    It's taken a bit of time for me to be able to respond further.

This booking system, even though it may still be a work-in-progress, is what FG in general lacks all other times of the year.

New people only have the GameCalendar link to look at when they try to figure out how much game activity there is with FG. We all know, conservatively speaking, that 80%+ of what is seen on the GameCalendar are dead/abandoned/inactive games where the DM didn't have the courtesy to delete the listing. I've offered to clean that up, but nothing has come from that... maybe it can't be done.

Players and DMs, established and new to FG alike need a place where they can essentially look at a calendar that converts to their time zone and shows all throughout the year scheduled games (campaign name, DM name, system, level range, # of players, maximum # of players, whether the game is continuing, open to new players, full/closed/private/whatever, etc...).

With the Con, we're essentially establishing a set of one-shot games... in my experience it would be easier to do this all year with a calendar/scheduling scheme, and I know this system would encourage more ad-hoc games which would be particularily enabling for the various PFS DMs and players. Even more benefit can be realized if the "Ultimate weekend" upgrade testing comes through.

Sure, a portion of the community's DMs wouldn't use it, but there are those, I think, who would.

At least that's my opinion.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    It's taken a bit of time for me to be able to respond further.

This booking system, even though it may still be a work-in-progress, is what FG in general lacks all other times of the year.

New people only have the GameCalendar link to look at when they try to figure out how much game activity there is with FG. We all know, conservatively speaking, that 80%+ of what is seen on the GameCalendar are dead/abandoned/inactive games where the DM didn't have the courtesy to delete the listing. I've offered to clean that up, but nothing has come from that... maybe it can't be done.

Players and DMs, established and new to FG alike need a place where they can essentially look at a calendar that converts to their time zone and shows all throughout the year scheduled games (campaign name, DM name, system, level range, # of players, maximum # of players, whether the game is continuing, open to new players, full/closed/private/whatever, etc...).

With the Con, we're essentially establishing a set of one-shot games... in my experience it would be easier to do this all year with a calendar/scheduling scheme, and I know this system would encourage more ad-hoc games which would be particularily enabling for the various PFS DMs and players. Even more benefit can be realized if the "Ultimate weekend" upgrade testing comes through.

Sure, a portion of the community's DMs wouldn't use it, but there are those, I think, who would.

At least that's my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback John, glad you like what we're doing with the website.

We're not looking to provide a day-to-day booking system for playing games on Fantasy Grounds, we're just trying to get a workable system that allows regular(ish) FG conventions to be organised and administered.

To be honest, any system such as this needs a lot of administration (anyone involved at the back end to this con will attest to that) - the main reason for the FG GameCalendar being old/stale is the lack of administration. Any such day-to-day FG event system should lie in the realms of Smiteworks, so that it has longevity and they can assign admins as necessary and control access rights. As an example of doing a community based system: the PFS group used to organise their games on a Yahoo Groups page - the admin user for that page disappeared and so no changes could be made.

Anyway, I think this discussion is really for a completely different thread and sub-forum - I'd suggest you start a new thread in "The Tavern" if you want to discuss further...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is it me or is it difficult to find any 3.5E games during this event?

Well, non-Path Finder games that is.

A push in the right direction would be nice.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sirchet
    Is it me or is it difficult to find any 3.5E games during this event?

Well, non-Path Finder games that is.

A push in the right direction would be nice.
    No GMs are running 3.5e games in this FG Con. It's up to the GMs what they want to run and no one is running any purely 3.5e games.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow ... Just, wow!

Thanks, guess I'll turn my attention elsewhere.
    better when needed.

Full License Holder

Take note - this lack of 3.5e games seems to be just for this convention, which is a weekend of online gaming the community is organising. It's a convention - try some game systems you wouldn't normally play!

There are quite a few 3.5e regular games/campaigns being ran in Fantasy Grounds. In fact, this was just posted today by a GM looking to get a 3.5e game going: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=18829

Blog Entries
    Hi Sirchet. This Con was organised at short notice. All the GMS are running games of their choosing. There are (surprisingly) no 3.5E or 4E games running. Im sure that next time there will be - all GMs are invited to run a game. There are however still several games - mostly Basic Role Playing and Call Of Cthulu with room for inquisitive players.
    Have fun.

Blog Entries
    Wow ... Just, wow!

Hey... it might not be an official part of FG Con but you've got the chance to die in any number of horrible ways on Saturday night!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

And I am looking forward to my demise at the hands of an overly skilled and dangerously creative GM with great anticipation.
    better when needed.

Full License Holder

Thread Information