DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: New to C&C

previously NZ but now Mt Isa Qld Australia
    C&C is definately by far the best, it brings roleplaying into perspective where you don't need to be a rules junky to be able to do anything, the characters aren't over powerful and need to think how can I do something with out looking up 15 books and then arguing with the DM who just happens to not have that book or version to do the simplest task.
    its a game where you need the minimum core characters to survive and each character has simple rules and it is up to you to roleplay how that character acts or does things - not a complex set of rules

Quote Originally Posted by Isamill
    C&C is definately by far the best, it brings roleplaying into perspective where you don't need to be a rules junky to be able to do anything, the characters aren't over powerful and need to think how can I do something with out looking up 15 books and then arguing with the DM who just happens to not have that book or version to do the simplest task.
    its a game where you need the minimum core characters to survive and each character has simple rules and it is up to you to roleplay how that character acts or does things - not a complex set of rules
    That's the beauty of the SIEGE Engine. Clean play, maximum fun. I still have the sweet spot for the 3-5 player games, but I've been looking at some Labyrinth Lord one-on-one rules that would be spot on for one-offs. That's the other beauty of the game. It's easy to adapt any of the "old school" RPGs to the system.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I just purchased the gamut of C&C for FGII and will be purchasing the PDF (if the company releases them) counterparts soon, based on reading this thread and a couple of others.

I'm new to Troll Lord games and C&C and am looking forward to introducing my players to a good fantasy game. I've been reading through the material and love what I see.

I was horrifically put off by D&D at the end of TSR's tenure and the WoTC business model: you need to possess a small fortune to maintain a good library for their games.

I prefer having a simple core ruleset and then purchasing games/modules to play, rather than expansion after expansion after expansion, ad nauseum, of that ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by sakmerlin37
    I just purchased the gamut of C&C for FGII and will be purchasing the PDF (if the company releases them) counterparts soon, based on reading this thread and a couple of others.

I'm new to Troll Lord games and C&C and am looking forward to introducing my players to a good fantasy game. I've been reading through the material and love what I see.

I was horrifically put off by D&D at the end of TSR's tenure and the WoTC business model: you need to possess a small fortune to maintain a good library for their games.

I prefer having a simple core ruleset and then purchasing games/modules to play, rather than expansion after expansion after expansion, ad nauseum, of that ruleset.
    I totally agree. Post TSR D&D was an unbearable nightmare of a product. And a small fortune to boot (which put me off buying 4e period). C&C is a great venue for high and low fantasy, and since it's not "world-specific," and since the SIEGE engine is so easy to apply, it's no wonder Gygax endorsed the product! And additions to the system are a breeze to add. A simple system that further editions just improve on, as opposed to making the system more complex - and in the broad scope of things confined. C&C definitely is the premiere system for fantasy gaming. And the PDFs I believe are available on RPGNow.com. There is also a link to the Crusader Companion, a free PDF that give more options, classes, rules for multi-classing and "half-classing" and much, much more. If you look under the classic D&D forum, there should be a link by Dr_Venture regarding a "free generic supplement" click on the link and you'll have access to it.

And welcome to the community! Feel free to post any questions you might have.

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by S Ferguson; June 18th, 2013 at 19:26.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

What Señior Ferguson said... I think you've found a good game for what you're looking for
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

As someone who was introduced to tabletop RPGs with 2nd edition at a young age and then went on to be a diehard collector (naive sucker)of 3.5, I too have to say that C&C is the best system for my needs. It's the best marriage of the two systems I've seen!

The rest has already been said by the others, so I'll leave it at that.
    Timezone: Mountain Standard Time
    FG Classic: Ultimate License Holder
    FG Unity: Standard License Holder

Current Campaigns:
    None

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson
    C&C definitely is the premiere system for fantasy gaming.
    Such a big bold statement - but hey - i can live with it
    Periodically TLG send out a discount code for PDFs thru RpgNow/DriveThru. I will post the next one here. Usually 20-30% off - sometimes Ive seen 50% off...

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    Such a big bold statement - but hey - i can live with it
    Periodically TLG send out a discount code for PDFs thru RpgNow/DriveThru. I will post the next one here. Usually 20-30% off - sometimes Ive seen 50% off...
    Big and Bold. That's C&C. and the posts will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    2 weeks ago they had a 50% off sale - i just checked codes/links have definitely expired.
    Yes, I cashed in on that one. But feel free to send any others that come your way!
    Discounted stuff. Can't beat it.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information