DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RajekPlathmos View Post
    My understanding is that if the book is available on DriveThruRPG you can create and publish the data. A quick search shows that all Spacemaster v2 is available as well as numerous companion and adventures see link below.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....t=&pfrom=&pto=

So if someone is going to go ahead and make these books then you can publish the tables and then, once Smiteworks approves the project, you are good to go.

Smiteworks likes it when you approach them with a finished product to publish. I currently have Rolemaster C&T II and the Heroes and Rogues books for Rolemaster V2 submitted and approved so they are keen on getting product out.

I have thought about making these books but I haven't put any time into it. To be honest it took me months to make the above 2 books so if I do go ahead and do it then it will take a while to finish. If multiple people want to combine their talents to make these books then that makes things more complicated from a publishing point of view but it can be handled easily with the proper documentation.

I've been working more on the Rolemaster companions on the hope ICE will get their licensing ducks in a row but maybe it's time to switch gears. I love Spacemaster as well as Star Strike and Armored Assault. All of these books are available on DriveThruRPG so if there are people who want to either do the whole book or put forward time with a group it's just a matter of people coming together and someone pulling the trigger.

I am interested in everyone's opinions so please reply to this thread and let's see what can be arranged.

Yours in ICE
    Rajek
    Hi Rajek,

I would love to have the spacemaster material (2ed, Starstrike, Armored Aussault and Privateers- the latter because the skillsystem is like FRPG/RMSS instead of spacemaster 2ed, where skills are like RMC- the 2ed because Rolemaster shadowworlds is using parts of it in history and equipment from the Essaence Lords who ruled the galaxy 200k years ago and then degenerated in a all out war, so only a dozen of the original Duskwalker lived in an Essenceprison named Kulthea Eastern Hemisphere) on FGU and buy all immediatly- especially since now are vehicles available (5ed FGU Spelljammer got this first)- so you could place each section from a starship in the vehicle and make it target and destroyable. ERA will publish Privateer soon and I found it really nice to have both systems like for Rolemaster FRPG (ERA and FGU) available, ERA for character generation and FGU for general play. But I myself have a fulltimejob and lots of others duty so would not be able to help with such a project except buying it in the end. Anyway I could wait a few months, having not enough time to inklude it in my campaigns till they get higher in level anyway.
    Thanks for your answers and of course I hope you will change horses for a time;-)
    Micael
    P.s. I know that is really much to ask, but if you would do one adventure for spacemaster, too, that would be a blast, because most of the old material is really sparse with maps, explecit encounters and skillcheck descriptions. So it would be a blast to have one on FGU- I have come back to Rolemaster after leaving it 1999, because I was not able to generate enough player in a german city. The main reason I came back was ERA and FGU applications of Rolemaster and even a shadowworld module on FGU, so I could easily start an online campaign where a lot of more players are available which has not to live near me.
    Last edited by micael; December 31st, 2022 at 23:51.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RajekPlathmos View Post
    I currently have Rolemaster C&T II and the Heroes and Rogues books for Rolemaster V2 submitted and approved so they are keen on getting product out.
    Well that is interesting.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

So I thought I'd give an update here so that people aren't left in the dark for too long.

I talked with Dakadin, he is weighing his options regarding supporting a 'new' ruleset. I give him props for keeping the RolemasterClassic ruleset going on his own so I don't want to push.

To that end, I have purchased the Ruleset Wizard and am starting to look at possibly making an extension. The Spacemaster system I am hoping to create is for the 2nd Edition Spacemaster. Not anything that came afterwards. Sorry if that isn't the response people are looking for.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this discussion hasn't died. I see this thread started a while ago so I know there is interest in it. Please be patient. I will do what I can.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    An extension is the way to go. I don't know what's involved with the Ruleset Wizard, but I certainly wouldn't recommend starting from scratch. RM2 & SM2 are similar enough that an extension to tweak bits of rules here and there will get you much of the way there, so no need to reinvent the wheel. The attack and critical tables are pretty straightforward but time consuming. The critical tables that I've done don't automate everything, but I just wanted to get something usable in my own game. Other tables, such as vehicular manoeuvres, are quite easy to set up too. Most of my spare time is taken up with game prep at the moment, and I'm no coder so when I do play around with this stuff, I tend to blunder around in the XML or LUA until it either works, or it all just stops working altogether.

There are challenges. If you want to integrate SM2 with RM2 in a Shadow World campaign then you need to be able to handle the differences in ATs between the systems (SM attack tables top out higher with RM ATs). The weapon 'marks' on SM attack tables don't tally with the MA ranks or Size caps on RM attack tables (and I understand that these are hard coded in the ruleset). Flamer criticals has secondary crits on the following round, shotgun damage caps vary with range. Fumbles are handled differently in terms of weapons failure, charge depleted or weapons fumble. Distances and weights in RM are imperial but metric in SM2. It's possible to sort but sometimes it's easier to settle for handling some stuff manually, or in separate tables that don't function as neatly as those in the table resolver.

I don't know what it would take to get a fully functional (or at least as functional as Dakadin's got RMC) SM2 ruleset, but getting something that works sufficiently well to handle most of the heavy lifting is certainly possible.

Rajek - Thanks for the update. I for one are very happy with SM 2Ed as I still own my hardcopies and have been hoping for some version of a SM rule add/extension to compliment the FGU RM.

Good luck with it.

Regards - Rainbird

Thread Information