DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Just to note - the option to set the HP exists with an NPC but not a Monster. Perhaps that functionality could be brought over.

Personally, sometimes I want to set the HP of NPCs, and sometimes I let the CT generate randomly.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I guess I can't understand someone who just uses a module "as is". After all, the module creator can't make up stats for *every* mix of player's character class and level, plus the vagaries of how much damage they've taken up until this point in the adventure. I ignore the HP in modules - after all, it was just the module creator's idea of the proper HP, and I'm the final arbiter of monster strength in my setting - and let it roll them automatically. I might even adjust them a bit *during* combat, if the players are rolling particularly well or particularly badly. The module creator can *never* know in advance what's going on in my game.

If all I'm doing is dropping in what someone else wrote up and playing it as is, what's the point of a CK (GM)? The computer can just run it by itself. My job is to keep things balanced and fun *during* the game, which many times means adjusting stuff on the fly.

Different people GM their games differently. IMHO asking for another option to pre-set HP is a perfectly valid request. Adding this option would not take away GM freedom to change the HPs as needed during an encounter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would change the monster HP during combat in the CT as well if dire need arises, though not evident to the players and only seldom. It's a balance between challenge and survival. Though I really would like the option to preset HP, as both would not eliminate each others use.

Blog Entries
    The option would be a good one to enable. As above, I do a hybrid approach, but everyone does it differently. I can see ad hoc adjustments not being a big deal if you have a small group to do, but when you get into the realm of setting PCs to face heroic odds, for example a party of seven facing a 7:1 mass combat outnumbered situation, it would be too much to continually adjust.

More functionality that you can decide to use or not is a step forward in my opinion.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information