STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I made my own tutorial videos

There are quite a few FG2 tutorials on YouTube now, and many of them are exactly the kind of thing I was looking for when I started with this software years ago.

Nonetheless I felt compelled to add my own just because it had been a lot of work, figuring this software out, and I wanted other people to benefit from that work.

The first tutorial covers importing a character. Based on the premise that a new FG2 user wants to play, and needs characters to do so.

The second tutorial covers building the 4E data, which is maybe the most abstruse part of the whole process. I may make a new tutorial for the new parser.

The third tutorial covers the process of taking a Dungeon PDF and converting it into an FG2 module.

And the fourth tutorial shows you how combat works!

Wow! These are fantastic! I just wish they were out there a couple of months ago. It took me days to figure out that Parser! Very well done!

If these help anyone, I am happy.

Great tutorials! Very well done with a nice clear voice.

Blog Entries
    Hey Matt,

Would you mind if we linked to these from our Downloads page?

-Doug

I just wanted to say thank you for making this video series.

FG2 is an awesome and powerful program but the learning curve is fairly steep.

Your videos lay out a clear and concise path to go from new install to ready-to-play and you briefly mention many of the intermediate/advanced features as well which I might not otherwise have been aware of.

I'm very glad FG2 has such an active community because it makes the process much more enjoyable

Thanks again!
    FG2 Ultimate License Holder

Dark Sun #1 Campaign Setting of All Time!

2nd Edition D&D Player and DM since 1994, now running a 4e Dark Sun campaign using FG2

I'm always delighted to learn anyone got any use out of these.

I'll have to make a new video for the newer, better, parser.

That would be good, but your video on the old parser still helped me immensely because the new one doesn't parse traps yet so I used the old one for that and the new one for everything else.

I do like that Tenian's parser allows you to use common.xml if you want though so that you can push modules to players. The new parser appears to only allow db.xml which doesn't allow players to see them.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something that is, which is highly likely =)
    FG2 Ultimate License Holder

Dark Sun #1 Campaign Setting of All Time!

2nd Edition D&D Player and DM since 1994, now running a 4e Dark Sun campaign using FG2

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville
    There are quite a few FG2 tutorials on YouTube now, and many of them are exactly the kind of thing I was looking for when I started with this software years ago.

Nonetheless I felt compelled to add my own just because it had been a lot of work, figuring this software out, and I wanted other people to benefit from that work.

The first tutorial covers importing a character. Based on the premise that a new FG2 user wants to play, and needs characters to do so.

The second tutorial covers building the 4E data, which is maybe the most abstruse part of the whole process. I may make a new tutorial for the new parser.

The third tutorial covers the process of taking a Dungeon PDF and converting it into an FG2 module.

And the fourth tutorial shows you how combat works!
    Love the videos but.... your 3rd video of converting a pdf to a module assumes that we all have the monsters module already... I'm not a DDI subscriber, how can i make the NPC appear the same way as in the pdf? Like the green box with all the info. thanks.

Thread Information