STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to Make "Percentile Dice"

Would anyone know how to implement the "percentile dice" in RMC. I need something like this for another percentile game. Any help would be much appeciated.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    They're already there... dice box in bottom left corner. Or just right click on the d10 and choose the %.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

No. For another ruleset, silly. I want to know the secret of percentile dice rolls without having to go through the radial in another game system. That would make me happy.

Apparantly I'm easy to please.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I believe that the dice in the lower left portion of the desktop are just icons, and when you drag the icon, it adds a "d100" and a "d10" dice to the drag cursor. When the dice land, you have to check for d100 in the die results, and collapse in a d10 for each one. There is a processPercentiles function in the 3.5E and 4E rulesets that does the last part.

However, the open-ended or exploding rolls are a different beast, and I am not familiar with the RMC or SW implementations.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. The open-ended rolls just automatically "roll and add" if the score is above 96, or below 05.

Cheers
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Sorry I had to work most of last weekend so didn't see this until now. Please let me know if you have any questions about the open ended rolls and I will help you find them. I know they gave me a bit of a headache when I first started looking at them.

I was actually wondering how you developed the simple percentile roll as depicted in the lower left hand corner of the screen. That would be a huge benefit to me if I can turn it into an extension for percentile games like BRP or CoC. How did you go about programming this?

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

The previous developers created that. It definitely speeds up rolling dice in RM.

There is a panel name "Die" in the desktop\desktop_panels.xml file that uses the "RMDice" windowclass from the desktop\desktop_classes.xml file. The code for them is located in desktop\scripts\desktoppanel_d100.lua. You should be able to track down what you need from there unless you want to make them open ended.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Then I'll probably come crawling back for answers .
    Aliens.... Go fig?

This is proving a little more difficult than it first appears. The base files for the percentile dice have "attachments" to so many different files, it would write over my rules if I implemented it straightforwardly. Any help in pairing down the files needed aside from the ones given, would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information