DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Hero System?

Hero System?

Hi, old fart of a gamer stumbling onto this cool new concept of VTT. I spent most of the morning looking through the threads and watching tutorials regarding FGII and noticed sadly that my preferred ruleset has no representation, namely the Hero System. I have two questions regarding that based upon the community knowledge:

First is there such a community made ruleset available for the HS that I've missed similiar to how there is one for GURPS and M&M?

Second: If there is not, are there any tutorials on how one would go about setting one up? I'm not terribly programming savvy but I have a unwitting victim whom I will enslave to do the work if need be

I started this thread on this very subject awhile back. Don't think it got real far, but there should be some other like minded individuals you can converse with if they're still interested...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...highlight=hero
    It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll;
    I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.

Thanks for the reply there Lysander, guess there was some interest but it lost steam. In the meantime it seems like my cohort in this has decided to give M&M3E a shot. Not sure how well that will do since the two systems are very different (heck of a lot of less number crunching at least) but if he's willing to give it a shot I guess I can too. Then...if he doesn't like it....muahahahahaaa!!! I pounce the trap on him and have him code Hero for FG!

I did a little messing around. Issue that I found was the Combat Tracker. It goes in two dimensions while every other CT is one dimension (Rolemaster kind of comes close).

I'm a Rolemaster AND Hero system fan. I agree the combat tracker would be the worse ting to make. I have not worked on editing anything in fg2 yet, but it's on my list (With so many other things). Hero system was the choice for me if I wanted to make changes. At the time though, I'm just happy to have time to play at all.

Blog Entries
    I've been working on a HERO/Champions extension for the 3.5 ruleset. It's coming along pretty well.. making use of a lot of the cool 3.5 features but it is still a distance from complete.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Sounds awesome Blackfoot . Do tell if you need something! I don't have much time to actually work in anything, but input, ideas and testing I would gladly provide.

I am putting most of my efforts towards Shadorun at the moment but hero system has always been one of my favorite game systems. If you need or want some help with this count me in. My programming experience is medium, though I am not familiar with LUA yet and I am learning to code for FG.

Red

Hero System

This is one of my big three, Savage Worlds, Gurps, and Hero. I am really looking forward to the completed project. If someone runs a weekend game in Hero, count me in.
    Last edited by Dayson; July 22nd, 2013 at 03:42.

I can see where the tracker would be a problem due to a 3 tier sort. 1st speed sort, then dex sort to break ties, followed by the dreaded 'd6' roll off. Too bad I suck at computers (I even have a 5pt Psych Lim - 'Sucks at computers') or I could help work that out.

Good luck, rah rah and all that. Don't you now feel more inspired!?
    It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll;
    I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.

Thread Information