5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    One thing I'd like to see is the ability to change the visual result of the die rolls. I mean the numbers that comes up on the 3d dice.

I'm working on a ruleset and I've created a custom d100 that simply takes a d100 roll and subtracts one, for result of 0-99. Unfortunately, the numbers that appear on the 3d dice stay the same.

For example, I roll d100, my ruleset subtracts one and displays the result in the chatbox. The 3d dice still display the original roll.

Blog Entries
    A "fudge" die would be nice where the DM would have to perhaps select a check box for die type to roll and enter a number that is the desired roll result before all regular modifiers are applied.

Actual roll would be as normal from an NPC sheet or the CT, but the "fudge" box would pre-determine the roll - could kind of act like the +/- buttons.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Have there been any thoughts FG3 wise in regards to being able to have more control over the grid's appearance, such as having it visually non-existant, but still working for things such as snapping, measuring, etc?

I say this with some bias, of course. I make my own maps, and I find the somewhat jarring manner in which FG makes the grid colors somewhat difficult to work with.

Blog Entries
    How do you enable snap to grid again?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Malvok,
    FG uses a physics modelling with random vectors to implement dice rolls, which means that there is no easy way to determine what sides the dice display. To change the actual die faces requires a new physical die model to be implemented within the client code. I believe it may already be on the wish list, but you should head over to vote or add. (see sig)

JohnD,
    Fudging dice is definitely on the wish list, as well as delayed damage application. I envision this as a modifier window that pops up for GM after rolls (accept default or adjust). This could probably be built as an extension today, since it would be ruleset code.

Also, the snap to grid option is on the on the image radial menu under Layers.

DingoSoulEater,
    The grid is based on a single gray color, but inverts color depending on the underlying colors. I believe that custom grid coloring is on the wish list. Please head there and vote. (see sig for link.)

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• Initial ruleset layering implemented
    • New merge attribute supported when using templates (reverse of mergerule)
    • New merge attribute value ("delete") supported.
    • Join and Delete merge attribute supported for panels and windowclasses
    • Delete merge attribute supported for dies and customdies
    • First pass at generic RPG ruleset as first layer built

I'm currently in the process of converting 3.5E, PFRPG and 4E to use the generic ruleset as a base layer. I also plan to convert CoC (the one in the store) in order to increase backward compatibility and sound out the generic ruleset layering approach. There will probably be several iterations of the generic ruleset before I am done.

Regards,
    JPG

The conversion of the 3.5E and 4E rulesets to using the base layer is underway, and I'm about 60% complete on the conversion. Additionally, this is giving me a chance to refactor a few items in the base ruleset layer to support multiple rulesets.

Updates
    • Hit detection area for mouse interaction with window controls now includes the framed areas.
    • Default maximum window size removed.
    • insertbefore attribute added to allow controls to be inserted earlier in control order when using the merge attribute for windowclasses.
    • [3.5E/4E] Record locking off by default, and remembered when set.
    • [3.5E/4E] List add and edit mode buttons added for quick addition and deletion of list items. (Campaign record lists, spells, powers)

Regards,
    JPG

About 70% through the 3.5E/4E conversion. All the major campaign records are converted, except for the combat tracker and the party sheet. Just finished the character sheets.

Updates
    • Subwindow controls will now force parent window layout on instantiation, which opens up more window layout possibilities using subwindows to group controls.
    • [4E] Adding header bar to editable campaign record windows to make them easier to grab and move.
    • [3.5E/4E] List management controls being added to all campaign record windows. (Edit button that turns on add record button and per record delete buttons.) This should reduce some new user confusion.
    • String controls will be vertically centered within defined height or multilinespacing attribute. Similar to numbercontrol layout. Will make lining up number and string fields easier. (v3.0 compatible rulesets only.)
    • Default minimum and maximum window sizes removed for embedded windows (i.e. within subwindows and windowlists)

Regards,
    JPG

JPG,

All great news, thank you! Can't wait for the new version to hit the shelves.

Some more updates, though I've lost track a bit of what has changed in each step so there might be more.

The 3.5E/4E are almost back to where they were with some adjustments here and there. However, I have a big change to make CT records into first-class NPC records in the queue, which will increase flexibility of editing CT creatures (especially spell usage per creature) as well as simplifying some of the underlying code and assumptions.

Updates

• New set of buttons to add/edit/delete list items, and more deeply integrated into all parts of the rulesets.
    • Party sheet items are full records so they can be viewed and edited separately.
    • Token underlays follow tokens instead of being locked to nearest grid square.
    • [DEV] Added -c command line option to auto-open console on launch
    • [DEV] Added os.clock, os.date, os.difftime and os.time Lua functions
    • [DEV] Added lots of DB package functions: getChild, createChild, deleteChild, getParent, getModule, getType, getOwner, isOwner, isStatic, isIntact, revert, getCategory.
    • [DEV] Added DB.backup function to allow rulesets to make their own campaign database backups. This is great as a backup for scripts that migrate the database structure, though the backups will still need to be restored manually.
    • [3.5E/4E] Drag and drop inventory between characters and between character and party sheet implemented
    • [3.5E/4E] Sell parcel items at percentage of cost added to party sheet inventory
    • [3.5E/4E] Unidentified weapons will no longer be added to weapon list on character sheet.
    • [3.5E] Ability effects calculate bonuses correctly when making damage rolls using off-hand or two-handed weapons.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information