DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Empty Library

another good link, thank you Tiqon.

No, the filing system under windows is not what I was thinking about, here.
    I will clearly be using that for all my dundjinni items, but here I was thinking of the Fantasy Grounds Token bags (namely Monster Tokens).
    When I add a bag to those (which can only be done by rightclicking and chosing 'add new bag' in FG, as they are not accesible in windows filing system), it is always named 'custom O'.
    If I add another, that too is named 'custom o', at which point the filing system is becoming quite Kafkaesque.

I can obviously add as complex and eloquent a filing system for all my own images as I would like (in windows), but that cannot be used for the images in the Monster Token bag.
    Perhaps I shouldn't give a hoot, as I have a lot of my own monster images stored with Dundjinni, but I'd just prefer the gift bags to be made useful rather than just superfluous and in the way by virtue of their disordered structure, which means being able to add (and rename the added bags) within them.

John, I would change it to somehting more useful, but I don't know how, and the token instructions linked to above does not mention it, for some reason.
    I have no access to naming bags created within FG, that I know of.
    Last edited by Resonance; March 8th, 2013 at 15:58.

Hmm interesting observation . They don't mention it in the help because they have recently been added as part of Firebolts monster token set. You can see the details here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17090

It all started with that and went on to a Kickstarter project, that Smiteworks backed with a good amount so some of the tokens could be a part of the standard GF2.

I have been playing around with this custom bags made inside the Monster bag. The monster and animals from FG2 is made in a module and I had a hard time understanding how you would be able to make a new folder (bag) inside a module, that you did not export. So I noticed that when you make a new bag in the monster bag and close FG2 and open it again the folder is gone. So I guess you cannot make new ones inside the monster and animal, as they are part of a module.

As Tiqon mentioned earlier, the 3.5E User's Guide (available under the "Library" link at the top of the page) is really a must read for all new players/GMs. Over 90% of information in the guide is relevant to most other rulesets and covers a lot of the base FG functionality.

One thing that can be confusing about the User's Guide is there, at first glance, appears to be only a small amount of information. There is actually a lot - when you click a new heading to view that heading it is not obvious that this has actually opened a bunch of sub-headings for that section in the menu bar on the left side of the browser. Always look for additional sub-headings when using the user's guide.

Additionally, there is a RMC guide (.PDF) included with the ruleset. Open the Fantasy Grounds Application Data Directory (found my Windows Start Button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder) and go to the "docs" directory - you will find "FG-RMC User Manual (1.4).pdf".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon
    ... I noticed that when you make a new bag in the monster bag and close FG2 and open it again the folder is gone...
    That is really strange, since that has not happened here!
    Only, if I deactivate the module and then reactivate it, the module then resets with the result you describe. I thought about altering the module just a tad, to contain a few extra folders, with the headings I'd like, but that seems not to work, for some reason or other...

But while trying that out, it has become apparent that I could simply extract all the pngs (via zip format) so I guess I can just include all the symbols in my wellordered host folder, if push comes to shove (ie skip the module format entirely) but it just seems weird that the token folders made within FG can't be renamed.
    Must be an omittance bug?

Greetings, Trenloe. Yes, good point. I'm hoping it is not meant as a hint for this particular problem, though, cause the procedure of changing name for token folders isn't mentioned anywhere that I can see, be it in RMC guide or subheadings???

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance
    That is really strange, since that has not happened here!
    Only, if I deactivate the module and then reactivate it, the module then resets with the result you describe. I thought about altering the module just a tad, to contain a few extra folders, with the headings I'd like, but that seems not to work, for some reason or other...
    Modules are primarily read-only stores of FG objects - story entries, images/maps, NPCs, items, tokens, etc.. You can make what appears to be some changes to the module, but this is not actually changing the module itself, but just how it is being used within a specific campaign. As you are noticing, if you deactivate the module any "changes" are lost. Also, you've probably guessed, as the changes are only in a campaign then you can't transport these changes to other campaigns as they do not apply to the module itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance
    Greetings, Trenloe. Yes, good point. I'm hoping it is not meant as a hint for this particular problem, though, cause the procedure of changing name for token folders isn't mentioned anywhere that I can see, be it in RMC guide or subheadings???
    I wasn't referring you to the documents for this specific issue. More because you appear to have a lot of questions about using Fantasy Grounds - a lot of which are usually covered off in the user guides. Also, there are a number of videos in the "Downloads" section that can be useful.

Be it videos you're watching or user guides you're reading, it is useful to have Fantasy Grounds open and try the things out as you go along. This is a much more interactive way of finding out about Fantasy Grounds and generally makes the learning process more productive. Even us old hands can find out things we didn't know...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok, I guess I'll make due with extracting the images and shutting down the modules, then. Would be pretty bothersome to shut down a module by mistake, and thus deleting ones careful filing system, anyhoo.

Yes, I'll be sure to get into the online manual and videos, thanks.

Thread Information