FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    What a pity- I searched especially for a system where these pesty rolls are automatic- any chance they will be in future? If not nobody will use the system because so many extra rolls and looking after numbers are needed?
    Thanks
    Micael
    We've never used the weapon breakage rules, and we started playing around the mid/late 1980's. Each to their own though.

What a pity- I searched especially for a system where these pesty rolls are automatic- any chance they will be in future? If not nobody will use the system because so many extra rolls and looking after numbers are needed?
    Thanks
    Micael
    It is on my list of things to do but not a high priority.

Thanks
    Micael
    Like QuirkyBirky, I've never used the breakage rules, unless the situation calls for it, like using a sword to lever something open. We do use it for recovery of Arrows (which I let the players roll so they have some control over it), but other than that, I let criticals dictate the breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    You can find the Alternative Static Action Table in the Other Tables section of RM Tables. There is also an option to turn on in the Optional Rules (GM) section called "ChL #24: An Alternative Static Maneuver Table" which if set to On will automatically use the appropriate column of the table when a SM skill is rolled.
    You are right of course, I turned it on back when you first made the change and then forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    You are right of course, I turned it on back when you first made the change and then forgot about it.
    No worries. I do that quite a bit and need to load up FG to make sure I am remembering it right.

Table 08-10 for weapon breakage is already in FG, so it's easy enough to drag to a hot key for easy access - that should speed things up. I imagine trying to automate it would be tricky as it would need to determine which weapon the NPC is using. Also trying to determine if you've struck something on a critical would be an issue. Sounds like a lot of work for little gain in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyBirky View Post
    Table 08-10 for weapon breakage is already in FG, so it's easy enough to drag to a hot key for easy access - that should speed things up. I imagine trying to automate it would be tricky as it would need to determine which weapon the NPC is using. Also trying to determine if you've struck something on a critical would be an issue. Sounds like a lot of work for little gain in my opinion.
    The critical is not the problem, its seldom enough- in fact I also never used the breakage rules in the 80ībut not because I donīt like them- it is much to time consuming adding two more rolls and looking to tables for many rolls, where there is mostly no consequence except if you failed- should be easy to automate, because every weapon used already has the numbers in- but for DMs not to easy to remember which weapon the players used has which numbers. I bet a lot of would use it, if automatic in.

The critical is not the problem, its seldom enough- in fact I also never used the breakage rules in the 80ībut not because I donīt like them- it is much to time consuming adding two more rolls and looking to tables for many rolls, where there is mostly no consequence except if you failed- should be easy to automate, because every weapon used already has the numbers in- but for DMs not to easy to remember which weapon the players used has which numbers. I bet a lot of would use it, if automatic in.
    We never bothered with encumbrance in any system we played until we played on FG, so you may be right that people would use it. However, the lack of automated weapon breakage isn't a significant issue for most, I'd imagine. FG automation handles so much that a bit of manual input shouldn't be a problem. As far as strength and breakage values go, it's easy enough to import these into FG as an image for quick reference.

Micael <sigh>
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Micael <sigh>
    Regarding Exhaustion Points in FGU/FRPG:
    The tracking is turned on (options) off course, but the questions are regarding; exhaustion: The FRPG rule 40+3xcon is not implemented?
    And how is exhaustion in FGU reduced and for what- I attacked a few times from the combat tracker and no Exh.p. were reduced- skills normally cost also Exh.p (school of hard knocks have a point cost for every skill) and they are not shown in FGU? Or is only movement exhp tracked?
    Thanks
    Micael

Thread Information