DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Try to refocus that discouragement into positive momentum. If you took the time to learn the Rolemaster system (omg - I've had to relearn it 3 times, no make that 4 ), then take a little time to ease yourself into Rolemaster a la FG. It really isn't a difficult piece of software to learn to use. The payoff for the end results is well worth the time invested. And the forum is quite quick at responding to any questions.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Wow, I'm really astonished by the amount of help that is coming my way. I will certainly persevere. I've been playing Merp/Rolemaster for 25 + years and I havent gave up yet. That link to the 3.5 user manual certainly gave me some hope. I couldnt find the user guide in Programs/Fantasy Grounds II/ App file so thats kind of a bummer, makes me wonder if theres a 4.0 manual.

I really appreciate all the help guys.

Thanks,

Eric the Red
    Last edited by Eric Smith; February 19th, 2013 at 00:00.

The forums here are great, filled with genuinely nice and helpful folks. There has been very little real unpleasantness here, and the one time I can recall thinking that it had popped up, it turned out that I had misunderstood things and was one of the ones making things bad.

Definitely hang in there. FG is great, but there are definitely things that are not very intuitive without some help. In some cases, rulesets have functionalities that have no visual indication they even exist (a real problem, IMHO), but once you know it, it's no big deal.

Try to get into a short demo session with a Rolemaster GM and have them give you a quick run through - somebody early on did that with me for GURPS (which I don't even play) and it made a *big* difference. Also, as I believe somebody mentioned above, be sure to open a second instance of FG (just open the app a 2nd time) and connect to the first as a player - then you can see the whole gaming process from both the GM and player perspective. Very helpful!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith
    Wow, I'm really astonished by the amount of help that is coming my way. I will certainly persevere. I've been playing Merp/Rolemaster for 25 + years and I havent gave up yet. That link to the 3.5 user manual certainly gave me some hope. I couldnt find the user guide in Programs/Fantasy Grounds II/ App file so thats kind of a bummer, makes me wonder if theres a 4.0 manual.

Thanks,

Eric the Red
    Good catch on the 1.4 manual. I just went to look for the installed version and couldn't find it. I could only find the 1.3 manual. I setup a new sticky thread with it that you can find here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...464#post143464

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith

Thanks,

Eric the Red
    I have a game this Wednesday evening in GMT-6 assuming nothing happens to derail it. You're more than welcome to connect and observe (that's how I started to learn), or even play a character (if a regular doesn't show).

PM me if you're interested.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I hope you figure it out. I can give you a demo of how to get set up if you like. I too was lost this time last year and it was through help from friendly forum members (thanks dakadin and lachancery) that I got up and running.

... and Rolemaster is great on FG, no more looking up tables, they are looked up for you when you have it set up right. Crit effects dragged straight t the combat tracker: you can't give up hope.

PM if you want that demo
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I hope you figure it out. I can give you a demo of how to get set up if you like. I too was lost this time last year and it was through help from friendly forum members (thanks dakadin and lachancery) that I got up and running.

... and Rolemaster is great on FG, no more looking up tables, they are looked up for you when you have it set up right. Crit effects dragged straight t the combat tracker: you can't give up hope.

PM if you want that demo

EDIT: oops, must have hit the submit button twice
    Last edited by bennis1980; February 21st, 2013 at 16:01.

Actually, that's a good way to be introduced to the rules. Be it though observation, or participation (or seeing a session from both sides by logging into yourself), you're sure to pick up the raw power that make this the best invention since sliced bread (tm).
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Oh I remember the old days, when all we had was sliced bread. They were good times!

Thread Information