5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I'mhoping for a few more non-D&D / PFS games. Previous ones have been dominated a little.
    I am hoping to run at least one Savage Worlds game... problem is I do not know which one yet...
    ...Daring Tales of Adventure...
    ...Deadlands Noir...
    ...Deadlands Reloaded...

or even Scooby Doo again... or the "sequel" which is now rather than a Scooby Doo adventure will be an East Texas University adventure - Spring Break!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

This is what I feared, Maybe you should call it PFS Con with a few other systems on the side.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sirchet View Post
    This is what I feared, Maybe you should call it PFS Con with a few other systems on the side.
    I think that's an unfair comment based on the 39 sessions of gaming ran in FG Con IV - 24 of which weren't PFS games. That is just over a third of the total events being PFS games.

More details in general on the FG Con IV statistics here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Con-IV-Summary

We don't restrict any particular system for games running at FG Cons - GMs can run anything they like and we encourage them to do so.

And, to be brutally honest, without the 15 PFS sessions at the last 2 FG cons the whole convention would have been a very small affair (8 events for FG Con III) - and maybe it wouldn't still be running as a result... PFS has helped to keep this convention going and grow - please don't forget that!

If you're not interested in PFS that is totally cool - just ignore the PFS games and sign up for the games you're interested in.

If you want more games to be ran, then please help advertise FG Con and convince some GMs to run games you are interested in.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    And you are certainly welcome to run games using your favorite system... as many of them as you like.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    @sirchet - we welcome all GMs - even those who havent run much before. its not PaizoCon or TrollCon or other RulesetCon its FG Con! So long as the game is being run over Fantasy Grounds (and is suitable for all ages) then we are happy to run the session. GMing requires a much bigger commitment and effort than playing and we dont want to dictate or limit what people can run.
    I believe you had a negative experience in a PFS session once before. Sometimes that happens, sometimes its a mis-communication, sometimes its different personalities, sometimes its just unfortunate. We'd love you to consider running a session and please do consider playing in a session or 2 once player registration goes live.

I have a feeling there will be lots of Savage this time if those extraordinary gamers are involved
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Due to bad timing, I will be attending Con on the Cob in Ohio so unable to run at FG con. If you are lucky enough to live in Western PA, Ohio, or South East New York come join me!
    Last edited by Mgrancey; July 29th, 2014 at 00:57.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Due to bad timing, I will be attending Con on the Cob in Ohio so unable to run at FG con. If you are lucky enough to live in Western PA, Ohio, or South East New York come join me!
    I've been thinking about going to Con on the Cob for years now since it's only about 2 hours away and is a reputed Savage Worlds convention.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

If I would have known my opinion would strike so many nerves I would have kept it to myself.

I will be a little more careful with my comments in the future in hopes of not gaining the ire of PFS supporters.

It's just that I really do enjoy DnD and am hoping to partake in a few sessions, if not, then the campaigns I've been playing in on FG the last few years will suffice.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

It's just that I really do enjoy DnD and am hoping to partake in a few sessions, if not, then the campaigns I've been playing in on FG the last few years will suffice.
    Understood. Positive comments and constructive action will help that happen.

I will be a little more careful with my comments in the future in hopes of not gaining the ire of PFS supporters.
    I don't think the ire was specifically defending PFS (certainly not from my side), my main dislike of your comment was that I felt it wasn't constructive and was devaluing all of the great games and work done by the community at FG Cons. Many members of this community work tirelessly to organise, get the word of FG Cons out there and try to attract GMs to run all sorts of games. In the end the games that go ahead are the ones that are popular with GMs (so they post the game in the first place) and are popular with the players (so enough sign up for the game to happen). Last convention we had 11 games that didn't go ahead due to not getting the minimum number of players - these were sessions for all different systems.

FG Cons will only grow if more GMs run games and more players sign up for those games. To do that we need the positive/constructive word to get out to as many role-players as possible - initially to Fantasy Grounds GMs and then to the playing community in general.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information