FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 14 First ... 311121314 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sirchet View Post
    It's just that I really do enjoy DnD and am hoping to partake in a few sessions, if not, then the campaigns I've been playing in on FG the last few years will suffice.
    Understood. Positive comments and constructive action will help that happen.

I will be a little more careful with my comments in the future in hopes of not gaining the ire of PFS supporters.
    I don't think the ire was specifically defending PFS (certainly not from my side), my main dislike of your comment was that I felt it wasn't constructive and was devaluing all of the great games and work done by the community at FG Cons. Many members of this community work tirelessly to organise, get the word of FG Cons out there and try to attract GMs to run all sorts of games. In the end the games that go ahead are the ones that are popular with GMs (so they post the game in the first place) and are popular with the players (so enough sign up for the game to happen). Last convention we had 11 games that didn't go ahead due to not getting the minimum number of players - these were sessions for all different systems.

FG Cons will only grow if more GMs run games and more players sign up for those games. To do that we need the positive/constructive word to get out to as many role-players as possible - initially to Fantasy Grounds GMs and then to the playing community in general.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree with your sentiments, but positive feedback is valuable only when it is honest. Last year a third of the sessions were PFS as Trenloe stated. I wonder what percentage of the remaining 70% were DnD.

I will not be GMing anything myself because I would like to avoid putting folks through the pain of a poorly run session.

I will watch the schedule and hope for sessions that suit my taste.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Blog Entries
    I agree with your sentiments, but positive feedback is valuable only when it is honest. Last year a third of the sessions were PFS as Trenloe stated. I wonder what percentage of the remaining 70% were DnD.
    Ahh thats easy -

Generic - 3 / 7%
    D&D 3.5 - 3 / 7%
    Pathfinder - 15 / 37%
    Numenera - 1 / 3%
    Savage Worlds - 8 / 20%
    Castles&Crusades - 2 / 5%
    Fate - 1 / 3%
    Extinction Event - 1 / 3%
    Rolemaster - 1 / 3%
    Basic Role Playing - 1 / 3%
    Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - 1 / 3%
    Dungeon Crawl Classics - 1 / 3%
    GUMSHOE - 1 / 3%
    Champions - 1 / 3%

I will not be GMing anything myself because I would like to avoid putting folks through the pain of a poorly run session.

I will watch the schedule and hope for sessions that suit my taste.
    This is a comment not just to sirchet but to *anyone* who wants to see specific types of games running in FG Con: Help us to help you. Post on external forums/other social media in the areas you're most interested in - let people know about FG Con, try and convince some GMs to run games for the systems you enjoy.

This is especially important for older or less mainstream game systems. For example, D&D 3.5e is now 2 releases "old" - if players want to see 3.5e games running in FG Con there will need to be some effort to attract 3.5e GMs. I'm not picking on 3.5e as being "old" (it's still perfectly playable), just providing this as an example.

The FG Con organisers rely heavily on community members getting the word out - the convention is organised by a small group of volunteers who commit a large amount of their free time to bring this twice yearly convention to the public. The same few people "spamming" forums and social media can be counter productive, so we need lots of people helping - anyone that can help get the word out and round up more GMs/players will be helping all of us.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    FG Con 5 - October 17-19th.
    There are about 30 sessions which are now open for player bookings!
    GMs get your games posted early so we can get them filled up.

Blog Entries
    The latest FG Con Newsletter has just gone out.
    Not getting it? Make sure you subscribe over at https://www.fg-con.com and you'll get all the latest news and a monthly newsletter on FG on, Fantasy Grounds and Gaming in general.
    View past newsletters here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/f...etter-archive/
    And sign up here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-login.php?action=register
    FG Con 5 runs from Friday 17th October - Sunday 19th Octber 2014

Blog Entries
    Lots of games still looking for players.
    2 weeks to go - please have another look and get signed up for FG Con 5.

https://www.fg-con.com/events
    So much Pathfinder, Savage Worlds and more!

Blog Entries
    I need a couple more players for one of my sessions - this should be a lot of fun - https://www.fg-con.com/events/elenes-necklace-2/ Saturday evening for all you American/Canadian players.
    There are plenty of other games available still too!

Blog Entries
    Woot!
    FG Con 6 dates have been announced!
    April 17th-19th 2015.

View the latest FG Con newsletter here: https://www.fg-con.com/?wysija-page=...ew&email_id=25

FG Con 6 will run from Friday evening 17th April (Aus and NZ) thru until late on Sunday 19th (US and Canada). Thats nearly 70 hours of great games on offer for players to participate in, 70 hours for GMs to show case their latest creations and for everyone to meet new people and plan great and heroic adventures!

GM registration officially opens on February 2nd - we are just finalising some coding updates. Many of you will already know the drill and we hope to see a bunch of new GMs joining in the fun for this great event. Once again SmiteWorks have agreed to promote all Full Licenses to Ultimate for the duration of FG Con opening the games up to more GMs and Players!

Players - you cant sign up for games just yet - player registration will open on February 28.

Some of the highlights of FG Con 5 -

• We ran 48 sessions - thats 23% more than FG Con.
    • We had over 280 bookings which is almost 50% more than FG Con 4.
    • We ran our first hangout sessions and recorded them live onto Youtube. The 4 Hangout Sessions were for new Players and GMs and can be found here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/f...ut-recordings/
    • 18 Pathfinder Society Events
    • Games in Swedish and German
    • Over 20,000 visits to the https://www.fg-con.com site

Blog Entries
    In case you are not subscribed to the FG Con Newsletter here is a link to what went out less than 24 hours ago - and we have almost 100 bookings already.

https://www.fg-con.com/?wysija-page=...ew&email_id=26

Please share with friends who might be interested in joining your hobby!

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information