FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Recharge

Recharge

Does the 3.5e/Pathfinder ruleset allow for powers that recharge automatically? Say a monster has an attack that they can use once, then again when it recharges (usually a 5 or 6 on a 1d6 roll allows the power to recharge). Is this possible to handle automatically?

There's nothing like that build into the ruleset.

I'm also not aware of any creatures that have special abilities recharge on a specific roll, usually they recharge after so many rounds. But, that doesn't mean there aren't any out there...

A way of handling this is to use effects as a reminder.

For example, for a Dragon Tutrle's breath that can be used every 1d4 rounds, when the breath weapon is used roll a d4 and then put an effect on the Dragon Turtle with just the text "Breath weapon recharging" and give it a duration based on the d4 roll you made.

This effect will stay on the creature until the duration is up, reminding the GM that the creature can't use the breath weapon at that time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Its a 4E mechanic that's also being utilized in 5E, which is what I'm using the 3.5 ruleset for. Was just hoping something like that was already built in

If you use that kind of ability, I'd suggest something similar to what Trenloe said.
    In your case, put an effect on the creature that says "ability needs recharging (5+ on 1d6)". Then, on the creature's turn, roll the d6, and if you roll a 5 or 6, remove the effect from the creature.
    You can even make that die roll quite quickly by putting the d6 in one of the boxes on the bottom of th FG screen. Then, whenever you need to roll for recharging, just hit F1 (or whichever slot you used) to roll the die. That way it's not handled completely automatically, but still pretty fast.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    Nice one

Thread Information