FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    An extension for 5E specific stuff would be very useful for my group. Any ah...timeframe...on this project DrZ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake
    An extension for 5E specific stuff would be very useful for my group. Any ah...timeframe...on this project DrZ?
    Thats a good question. Working on a new Parser at the moment. Its moving along faster than I anticipated so hopefully I will find time to start working on an extension in the next few weeks.

Given that 5E is in development and will be for some time, I will only aim to make a basic ruleset available with essential windowclasses and module support i.e. enough to support playtesting during the open testing phase. Once we get closer to release I'll then pad out support with a new theme and extra/new functionality.
    Last edited by Zeus; February 3rd, 2013 at 00:28.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

That all sounds great. I'm running a custom 5E campaign and we're using the Pathfinder ruleset at the moment. Support for maneuvers, skill dice, and martial damage dice would be very welcome in my group.

another quick question.

With the 3.5 ruleset, how do you access a value on the character sheet?

I'm trying to read the total level value on the 3.5e character sheet from within the manager_action_skill.lua script.

I tried using the DB function getValue by passing it the vActor source node, but I'm not having much luck.

Is there object level documentation for the 3.5e ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by lordsoth
    With the 3.5 ruleset, how do you access a value on the character sheet?

I'm trying to read the total level value on the 3.5e character sheet from within the manager_action_skill.lua script.

I tried using the DB function getValue by passing it the vActor source node, but I'm not having much luck.
    getValue("level") should work - as long as the DB sourcenode being used is valid and at the highest level of the specific character database node.

What code are you using?

Is there object level documentation for the 3.5e ruleset?
    Nope. Plenty of examples in the ruleset code though...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was trying

lev=DB.getValue(rActor.nodeCreature, "level", "");

I was trying

lev=DB.getValue(rActor.nodeCreature, "level", "");
    Where are you getting your rActor.nodeCreature from? Looking at the documentation for DB.getValue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/DB.xcp#getValue

sourcenode (string (or databasenode))
    A data node identifier path (or a databasenode object) representing the target node
    You're using rActor.nodeCreature - which is not a valid databasenode or string, I believe... Please provide more code around where you are getting rActor from.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    rActor is an object that JPG typically employs (implemented as part of ActorManager) in the internals of 3.5E and 4E. It usually represents an PC/NPC in a specific context and is used for the application of game rules logic. e.g. in the CombatTracker damage, effects and such are operated upon rActor objects which are compiled from entries in the CT. Another example of where rActors are used is in the party Sheet roll handling i.e. skill rolls. etc.

rActor.nodeCreature - by its name, is a reference to the database node of the source creature, either the PC's charsheet node if a PC or an NPCs node.

So assumming rActor.nodeCreature does indeed contain a valid databasenode then

Code:
    rActorLevel = DB.getValue(rActor.nodeCreature, "level", 0);
    should do the trick. Note the last parameter for DB.getValue() should be a number if your source field "level" is a number. Return "" only if its a string.
    Last edited by Zeus; February 5th, 2013 at 00:24.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

@DrZeuss

Thanks! that worked. I now have skill dice working perfectly. It automatically picks the skill die based on level.

Does it also account for ability bonus? And if so, are you just choosing the "typical" ability for a check?

Thread Information