DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Yes, it uses ability bonus d20+ability+skill die.

At the moment, it's just using the ability that is most common for each skill. I need to allow you to change the ability on the fly.

The ideal design would be one in which the player can select trained skill and then roll the die next to the appropriate ability score. The default ability for each skill would be selected and you could add any misc modifiers to the roll.

I still need to remove the Rank column. At the moment I've only managed to make it invisible. I also haven't figured out how to remove the "Rank" column header.

There is also the problem with how the rogue uses skill dice. I still have to give that some thought as well.
    Last edited by lordsoth; February 5th, 2013 at 15:02.

Sounds fantastic. Would you be willing to share it as an extension when you are finished with the sheet?

Sure, I just have to figure out how to make the stat cycle. I noticed you can cycle the stat if you add a custom row, but not for the default skills. Alternatively, I might add another column for an alternative stat, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I think that 99% of the time players will be using the default ability listed for each skill.

in this example the character is 4th level so it uses a d6 for the skill die. It only rolls the skill die if you are trained.

Last edited by lordsoth; February 7th, 2013 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsoth
    Sure, I just have to figure out how to make the stat cycle. I noticed you can cycle the stat if you add a custom row, but not for the default skills. Alternatively, I might add another column for an alternative stat, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I think that 99% of the time players will be using the default ability listed for each skill.
    \scripts\data_common.lua lists the skills and their default ability. I don't know if removing the default ability would allow you to cycle the ability...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

here are the quick and dirty changes I made to the 4e ruleset.

https://www32.zippyshare.com/v/74500559/file.html

Thanks Lordsoth, I'm going to check these out now!

ok...silly question but this isn't an extension, what's needed to make this work?

no it's a ruleset.

You need to unzip it to your ruleset folder

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets

Then select "Playtest" when creating a new campaign

Thread Information