DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Are Mods shared with players?

Hello all.

I was wondering if information a DM puts into a module they then run for a group is then shared with the members of that group.

In other words: if I run an adventure that comes from a purchased product, am I suddenly supplying others with that adventure's content accidentally?

Quote Originally Posted by CelineSSauve
    Hello all.

I was wondering if information a DM puts into a module they then run for a group is then shared with the members of that group.

In other words: if I run an adventure that comes from a purchased product, am I suddenly supplying others with that adventure's content accidentally?
    Well I have folders on my computer than have been left behind from me playing in others adventurers. HOWEVER these folders are pretty much empty of any content cept for a couple of script files I believe and some drawings created when playing the game
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Hello all.

Most of the adventure modules for sale in the store are set so only the GM will have access to all the content. As you share images and tokens, the player's FG saves them in a .dat file that is encrypted. The end result will be the player will be able to see the stuff and once transferred over, load the items faster but they will not be able to use it for their own sessions. Another type for sale in the store will allow the player to view the data, but not save any of it locally aside from the encrypted .dat file.

If you send them the actual .mod file then yes, you will be supplying them with pirated content.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98
    Most of the adventure modules for sale in the store are set so only the GM will have access to all the content. As you share images and tokens, the player's FG saves them in a .dat file that is encrypted. The end result will be the player will be able to see the stuff and once transferred over, load the items faster but they will not be able to use it for their own sessions. Another type for sale in the store will allow the player to view the data, but not save any of it locally aside from the encrypted .dat file.

If you send them the actual .mod file then yes, you will be supplying them with pirated content.
    Okay, that's part of the answer at least
    This mod would not be from the store, but created by myself from various adventures I got as a result of Kicking a few Projects (the more boring term is "Backing") on Kickstarter. Namely, Bloodmoon Goblins and The Mask of Death. Both of which are for the Pathfinder ruleset.

Okay, that's part of the answer at least
    This mod would not be from the store, but created by myself from various adventures I got as a result of Kicking a few Projects (the more boring term is "Backing") on Kickstarter. Namely, Bloodmoon Goblins and The Mask of Death. Both of which are for the Pathfinder ruleset.
    cant think why it would be any different. Only way to tell for sure. Start a module then using a second computer join then check second computer for folders and files. But Id think it would be fine
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

It depends on the settings you chose when you exported the module - you tick circles next to each type of item (e.g. Story, NPCs) that you're exporting to say how you want it to be shared (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    It depends on the settings you chose when you exported the module - you tick circles next to each type of item (e.g. Story, NPCs) that you're exporting to say how you want it to be shared (or not).
    Ah, okay. Thanks!

I probably won't try bringing the stuff over until mid-February (The "study break".) or when I'm done the readings for this term. Whichever come first.

Blog Entries
    The basic structure only sends the data the players need at the time it is used and it is not accessible outside of this usage. When they disconnect from the campaign, your adventure module is no longer accessible to the players that were connected. While they are connected, only items that have been "shared" are visible. Your story elements, NPC stats, items and non-shared images are not accessible to the players.

You can theoretically share these elements out through the right-click menu of by allowing access to the module in you module activation window but that is not standard usage except for areas where the players need access to a library module to properly build and equip their character sheet. Even in those cases, the modules are no longer accessible outside of when they are connected to your campaign.

Thread Information